“Ales @ ciders”

Ranked #16 of 46 Nightlife in Wolverhampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Good traditional pub with several types of beers and ciders. Friendly staff treating us out of town visitors with professional explanations and patience.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

I was in the Posada on Saturday night, for a drink before a cinema visit, and as always, the beer was good, and the pub was looking great, (loved the fairy lights in bottles!) But what prompted me to write this review, was a simple act of courtesy from one of the bar staff.
The pub was quite busy, and my friend and I couldn't find a seat so we stood at the bar. The girl behind the bar, saw that we were a bit disappointed that we hadn't a seat, and came out from behind the bar and said "there's a couple of high chairs in the other room, I'll go and get them". And she went and found two seats for us. It didn't go un-noticed that she could have just as easily stood there and not bothered fetching us the chairs.
Thanks, we'll be back soon. ;)

Reviewed December 16, 2017

This lovely quiet pub was just that, lovely & quiet when I visited.

3 real ales available but I started with the lovely mulled cider which was warming & heavenly & definitely moreish on a cold windy day.

Happy to come back here any time.

3  Thank sportybirmingham
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

I can't believe I never been in there before!
I've alway walked past this pub but never went in, so I was looking for a drink with the other half so we thought we would pop in for one when we walked in it was like going back when I was younger.the pub was clean and staff welcoming drinks were fair priced people in the pub are welcoming to , loved the tile floors and decor classic pub feel when pubs were pubs, love the pub has we go to a pub in the Czech Republic that looks similar to this
The best of all they have cobs on the bar, rolls to the people that don't know what a cob is lol cheese n onion my favourite mmmmmmm
I recommend it to friends and family
And look forward to drinking in there in the future

1  Thank looking1000
See more reviews
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

What a pleasure to visit a pub where people are interacting with each other and not glued to their tablet, phone,etc.
I visited the pub on a Friday night before the local derby between Woles and Birmingham. Great atmosphere not in the least intimidating. Thankfully the pub has retained its original Victorian features excluding the Tv's which were not on at the time and no dreadful music. Lot's of local's enjoying a good pint with their mates. Plenty of seating the place is like a Tardis looks tiny from the outside but loads of space inside. Great selection of real ales and friendly staff.

3  Thank Brentzy