“Night out”

The Lych Gate Tavern
Ranked #1 of 46 Nightlife in Wolverhampton
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I use this pub every time I am in Wolverhampton has I love the atmosphere and there is always a good selection of the different Ales available.
I was there Saturday night 8th July and they had Megan Reece from the voice singing/performing outside in the beer garden which was a nice surprise.
I would recommend you pay a visit to this pub when you are in Town.

BCAles, Owner at The Lych Gate Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Thank you for your very kind words. Come back very soon!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"match days"
"down stairs"

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

It's a beer shop, pure and simple. About 10 real ale pulls (plus gassy rubbish) of all calibres. Bar staff try to please (and succeed) but gaffers should be less restrained (i.e. they gravitate towards regulars). Canned music, albeit soto voce, tends to irritate: ambience is golden, a la George Orwell! All ales are really well kept (with perhaps the intrusion of nitrogen?) and averagely priced. All ​in all, a good place to meet friends. 4*

BCAles, Owner at The Lych Gate Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you for taking time to review us. You can rest assured that nitrogen is never used. We will alert the licensees to your comments which are much appreciated. We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

The craft beers hold their own in the midst of the other pubs in the area, as well as bottles from Belgium (Kwak is a fav). This historic pub has a nice beer garden a nice atmosphere and is well worth the visit.

BCAles, Owner at The Lych Gate Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you....you are very kind....come back soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2017

There are always a good range of guest beers available, where you can always ask for a taster if you are unsure. It does get busy on match days but don't let that put you off, as service is always brisk

BCAles, Owner at The Lych Gate Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Thank you very much for your concise review which is a lovely summary of the LGT. Come back soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2017

Visiting on a Tuesday night for the monthly pub quiz; This was our first Lych Gate quiz night and we thought it was great. We were nowhere near winning, but good fun was had by all.

The bar staff were/are super friendly and the people that ran the quiz did a good job too.

I would have given this a 5/5 but there were a couple of drawbacks, in my opinion:

- One round was very niche (history), to the point where it was hard to enjoy it.
- I can't really (safely) drink ale due to being vegan and I wasn't a fan of any of the lager that they had.

Despite the caveats, like I said, I had a great time and the staff were lovely and that's why I'll go again next month.

Highly recommended.

Thank you very much....Hayley's quiz nights are great. We do often have vegan acceptable ales on offer in our pubs, as there is a small but significant number of people who appreciate them, and we will discuss your comments at our next board meeting to examine whether we can improve on this.