“Watery expensive curry”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

A Friday night treat, we ordered a curry from The Spice Garden takeaway in Benson village for four. £40 later and we were presented with a green coloured king prawn jalfrezi...how bizarre!

All four curries were watery;
2x chicken tikka masala
1 X chicken Malaya
1 X king prawn jalfrezi

The Keema naan was disappointing, lack of meat inside.

Overall, with high expectations from other Indian restaurants/takeaways we were left disappointed. I will cook my own next time or go to the M&S garage and purchase one of theirs!

Won't be returning!

1  Thank Amanda C

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We ordered a meal to be delivered yesterday evening as the food had been very good on the previous occasion. I was told that it would take an hour to deliver as they were busy and I agreed that this was OK. If only it had been just an hour! Several phone calls later, including one when I was told it would just be another 5 minutes, if only, the food arrived 2 hours after I had ordered it. Sorry this is not acceptable. Apparently the manager was not there so they didn't have the phone number of the driver in order to contact him to find out where he was. The food, when it arrived, was delicious but it will be the last meal we have from the Spice Garden I'm sad to say.

2  Thank wallace447
Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

Six years in we still have a problem giving our address. Foods great but I can't have it delivered because the guy on a Friday cannot understand my address. It's very frustrating because we love the food. That's five times in the last three months I've given up and put the phone down. Come on guys sharpen up we don't all have house numbers.

1  Thank bill-windows
Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

This takeaway is one of the best around!

But on the odd occasion the meal isn't great hence the review. Highly recommend but not on busy nights!

1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed 17 October 2015

This was my first visit to the Spice Garden. Ordered by phone and told 30 mins. Food was ready when I arrived however when I got the food home and unpacked it was short 1 portion of rice. It was not worth returning as all the other food would have been cold when I got back. It was a shame as the quality of the food was excellent. I will use them again but will check my order before leaving the shop.

1  Thank Mfwic66