“Shocking!!!! ”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

So rang to place an order at 7.15 to have children no older than 6 I'm sure take my order! I told them not to worry as they weren't understanding what I was saying!!! 2 mins later owner rang me back to take my order. Order placed at 19.27. Phoned up at 9.45 to see where it was to receive lots of excuses and hard done by stories! Arrived at 10.02 and it was stone cold!! Rang back and told the delivery driver to get back and give me my money back! Ruined our night! Made so many lame excuses! Tried to tell me driver had no mobile! A minute later told me the driver had his phone! I had his number as that's what he rang me back on to take my order so I rang myself and demanded he bring my money back! Rude owner! Will not be going back ever again! Be honest and say your understaffed and cannot take on any more orders!!! Fuming is an understatement

2  Thank Georgie R L

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Hit and miss we used to use a lot. Call order through then pick up.however last few times food was luke warm.we live a minutes drive away

2  Thank Helen A
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We ordered a takeaway which we were told be 20-45 mins. An hour, nearly two we had our food. Totally flavourless and our order in complete. I phoned the restaurant and the person argued with me that the order was correct. Terrible food and terrible service will never ever order here again. Despicable and will not totally below the belt. I would of rather bought a tesco takeaway bag. Awful! I would rather not give them a rating!

2  Thank Roz W
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

A Friday night treat, we ordered a curry from The Spice Garden takeaway in Benson village for four. £40 later and we were presented with a green coloured king prawn jalfrezi...how bizarre!

All four curries were watery;
2x chicken tikka masala
1 X chicken Malaya
1 X king prawn jalfrezi

The Keema naan was disappointing, lack of meat inside.

Overall, with high expectations from other Indian restaurants/takeaways we were left disappointed. I will cook my own next time or go to the M&S garage and purchase one of theirs!

Won't be returning!

1  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We ordered a meal to be delivered yesterday evening as the food had been very good on the previous occasion. I was told that it would take an hour to deliver as they were busy and I agreed that this was OK. If only it had been just an hour! Several phone calls later, including one when I was told it would just be another 5 minutes, if only, the food arrived 2 hours after I had ordered it. Sorry this is not acceptable. Apparently the manager was not there so they didn't have the phone number of the driver in order to contact him to find out where he was. The food, when it arrived, was delicious but it will be the last meal we have from the Spice Garden I'm sad to say.

2  Thank wallace447