“Charming hotel with a warm welcome”
Review of Orles Barn Hotel

Orles Barn Hotel
Ranked #17 of 43 Ross-on-Wye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is a charming hotel with a warm welcome. The decor is trendy country style - all farrow and ball style pale green and faded florals. The bar and restaurant areas are lovely - overlooking beautiful gardens. We had two lovely rooms - one very large and the other definitely big enough - very tastefully decorated with views out to those gardens. The owners made us extremely welcome and we were only sorry that we didn't book another night. If you are visiting Baileys Home and Garden it's less than 5 minutes away. You couldn't fault it (and I would be fussy!). Food and accommodation are of a very high standard.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at Orles Barn (in Orange Pippin - a luxury room and beautiful) over our wedding anniversary and couldn't have had a warmer welcome. The food is excellent (bar one starter), well cooked and plated in generous portions without fussiness. The double glazing meant that road noise was minimal and the general decor is relaxed and comfortable. We shall definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Go for a suite or luxury room - beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suechefUk
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife booked Orles Barn with the taster menu and an overnight stay as a 50th Birthday treat for me, as I do like good food. The whole event was wonderful, from tea in the lounge on arrival to our room which was spotless.
The taster menu was excellent, Dan the Chef talked with us about our likes/dislikes and changed the ingredients accordingly My wife is fussy with food and with Dan's help she tried many new dishes, which made the experience even more personal. It's taken me years to get my wife to try new dishes, you did it it one evening, well done Dan!
We both loved he relaxed atmosphere and the attention to detail offered by the owners who obviously enjoy and take pride in what they offer.
I stay in many hotels and eat out a lot, which can make me blase about this sort of thing, all I will say is that we will definitely return for longer and explore the area around as that too is quite spectacular.
Brilliant experience.

Room Tip: Book the main bedroom, definitely worth the extra.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife and I have just stayed for two nights at the Orles Barn Hotel Ross-on-Wye. Lovely atmosphere run by a very charming couple. Bedrooms of a very high standard. Excellent choice on the menu, and a good choice of wines nlot too expensive. If I had a very small personal complaint it was the lack of vegtables, other than that minor detail a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: We went for the deluxe package, so our room was excellent. We could slightly hear traffic, but not...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

After pestering my husband (not much of a foodie) to take me out for a nice dinner. Not knowing where we were going I was really looking forward to a surprise. I couldnt of been more pleased with his choice. After a warm welcome we were shown to a relaxing lounge area with a log fire and comfy sofas. A bit relaxed you might think, but really in keeping with the amiable but professional service. We decided on the tasting menu, and after a quick chat with the chef, who even managed to impress my normally 'steak and chips' husband, We had a fantastic night. Chatting with other diners in the bar afterwards it was easy to see why the restaurant was so busy. All had thoroughly enjoyed themselves, one couple who were staying the night recomended we should definatly stay the night next time. Who knows, i may be able to convince the other half to a whole night away. Fingers crossed!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetmartini
Reviewed 16 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night for a well earned break from our 2 year old. We booked a luxury room with the 7 course taster menu. The room was stunning and spotlessly clean and every need taken care of. We are big foodies and have eaten at some exceptional restaurants around the world, the food at Orles was up there with the best. As good (if not better) than the Michelin star meals we have eaten. The staff were the friendliest in any hotel we have stayed in and it was a pleasure to meet the very interesting and personable owner. Thanks for a magical stay, we can't wait for the next time.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We recently stayed at Orles Bar and will definitely be going back! From the moment we walked through the door we knew it was going to be fantastic. The staff were friendly but in the most relaxed way, we were offered refreshments in the bar and shown to our room which was beautiful.

We stayed in D'Arcy Spice which is a newly refurbished suite, it had it's own entrance which made it feel very private. Fantastic interior coupled with a new bathroom with a roll top bath and sparkly ceiling was just perfect.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening which if you stay at this hotel you just have to do! All locally sourced and cooked to a very high standard. The attention to detail is second to none and it was a real treat to meet the chef who is extremely knowledgable and very passionate about his food.

The whole experience is a foodie one and breakfast is a real treat, I had pancakes, smoked bacon and maple syrup which isn't something I would normally go for and my partner had kedgeree, both were amazing!

We're already looking to when we can go back but this time we will be staying two nights! Well done Orles Barn, you're one in a million!

Room Tip: The website is really good with great pictures of the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple