The Cumbria Hotel
US$74
Clifton Park Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$104
  • Breakfast included
St. Ives Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$94
US$90
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$102
US$86
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$166
The Bedford Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$122
Inn on the Prom Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$132
TripAdvisor
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
TripAdvisor
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
TripAdvisor
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsquiet roadhonesty barnice size roommemory foamtea and coffee trayvisit blackpoolstayed in the family roomfull englishbeds were very comfortablea stones throwcooked breakfasttwo single bedsan updatefamily weekendsea viewplenty of choicelovely breakfast
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Couldn't ask for any thing more.

The Cumbria hotel was recommended to us by friends of mine who travel all the way up from Southampton to stay here when visiting Blackpool and have done so for several years now.
The hotel had a warm relaxing friendly atmosphere; the room itself was clean and inviting.
Don't know if it was the fresh sea air breeze coming through the window but i had the best nights sleep in ages, if I could I’d bottle this up, sell it and make a fortune.

My young lady and myself stayed Friday evening through to the Monday, bed breakfast and evening meals included to our delight and couldn't fault the food one bit.
Only a stones throw from the town centre, loads of familiar shops for the girlie, oh and yes J.D Wetherspoons, say no more.

Okay it had to be the wettest May on record but who cares if we wanted glorious sunshine we'd have gone to Tenerife but our budgets wouldn't stretch that far so we were made up when we found this hotel has rooms available.

Have spoke to Doug the manager recently as I’m thinking booking in for the Open
Championship in 2012 and may be the Walker Cup in 2015 at Royal Lytham & St. Annes Golf Club, the things us golfers have just got to do, alas.
Big thanks to Doug and Diane for a wonderful Bank holiday week-end, cheers.

Room Tip: The rooms with the best views are at the front of the hotel, but I'm no curtain twitcher more of an out door person.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ScouseSeasider
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Well looked after and very pleasant, definitely will come again,see you soon.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Elsajerry
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Young couple looking for a quiet, fun, relaxing break and we found it here. The owners were very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. Our room had a sea view and the bed was clean and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Animal5
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This was a short Easter break, so the room prices were a good bit higher than normal, but to be fair that was the case everywhere in the area. What was not good was that a specific room was booked but was not the room we were given.
Overall the hotel is dated but reasonably tidy and clean. The decor could do with an update but the bedding (although old-fashioned) was clean.
The en-suite shower was tiny - the entrance into it is about half the width of a normal door, so anyone who is not skinny may struggle in and out. Again it had seen better days and could do with an upgrade.
The UHT milk cartons were dated best before 12/03/11 - a small detail but an important one that should have been noticed.
Breakfast was good and tasty but served on a very small dinner plate. I didn't like being asked everyday if I wanted a cooked breakfast as (particularly from the male proprietor) it was posed more as a challenge than a welcome invite to partake of a full breakfast. The kids breakfast I asked for was just sausage and beans. It was only 1 sausage (my wee lad had my single sausage though so no rumbling tummies) and when I asked for it the first morning I was told "we don't do beans as a rule". Not very good customer service, especially as the info pack in the room listed beans as part of the breakfast. We had paid for the full breakfast so 2 sausages wouldn't have gone amiss, or at least the offer of 2.
The Hotel is in a very convenient location for the beach and all the family facilities along it, and a short walk into St Annes town. On the positive side there was no interference with coming and going from the owners and the place felt secure as there are 2 locking doors to gain access as well as an individual bedroom lock.
On leaving there was not much in the way of "hope to see you again" and I felt that although it's standard practice to pay up front in these small B&Bs and hotels, it would be nice to have a few minutes to settle in first, and the option to pay by debit card or cheque and be offered a receipt.

Room Tip: Stay for 1 night if you need to be local.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family