We returned yesterday from a weekend at the Dalmeny and as somebdy who was born and brought up in the area and knew previously of the Dalmeny as one of the best hotels if not the best hotel in St.Annes I am surprised in the decline in standard of the hotel to where it is now. Having arrived with another couple on Saturday lunch time we decided to have lunch in the hotel and ordered various snacks to be eaten in the bar. Without exception all the food was served cold, we were offered the excuse by the waiter that one of the chefs had phoned in sick and the kitchen porter was now doubling up as a chef, the hotel was probably full for the weekend and if this true I would without doubt therefore question the competence of the hotel management. I would pay full credit to the barman though who could not be apologetic enough having been placed in this situation by his less than professional colleagues. In our opinion the majority of the hotel is very tired, our room was OK but we were suprised to find we had full coffee making facilities and only one cup, the shower was appalling and the bath was only suitable for somebdy the size of your average 5 year old child. A further 25 minute queue from 09.30 to be seated at breakfast compounded our disappointment with the hotel. Retrospectively I should have highlighted most of the above on our departure from the hotel however having not noticed the presence of any senior staff over the weekend I chose not to as I did'nt think a rant at a receptionist would be fair. I sincerely hope the hotel notes the above comments, clearly if they have any desire to return to their former glory it will take investment in both staff and facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent location on the main promenade overlooking the beach, promenade gardens and pier, and within a short walk of the town centre with its array of shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel offers a wide choice of rooms, including family units accommodating up to two adults and 6 children. The excellent facilities include a 20m indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, children's pool, fully equipped Gym and Squash Court. Spa Dalmeny is open seven days per week offering a comprehensive range of beauty and holistic treatments. Dining options include the hotel's restaurant or Bar Indigo. Business travellers will appreciate the free Wi-Fi facility throughout the hotel,access to business services, free on site parking,extensive conference facilities, and our Snooker Room, which is available for private hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Hotel.de, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Dalmeny Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmeny Hotel Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Hotel St Annes
- Dalmeny Lytham St Annes
- Dalmeny Resort Hotel Lytham St Anne's, UK - England