St. Ives Hotel
US$74
Dalmeny Resort Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$88
Mode Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$103
US$87
Clifton Arms Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$167
US$100
Howarth House(Lytham St Anne's)
US$106
US$102
Orbitz.com
The Lindum Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
  • Restaurant
The Fairmile(Lytham St Anne's)
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
The Breverton(Lytham St Anne's)
US$100
The Grand Hotel(Lytham St Anne's)
US$128
Priceline
All reviewscraft roomgames roomarts and craftsfamily hotelswimming poolchildren's entertainmentfamily entertainmentevening entertainmentplenty of choiceself servicesea viewrefurbished roombank holiday weekendfamily breakschool holidayslittle boyhalf term
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went to the St Ives for 2 nights in Mid Sept
The hotel is in a lovely location on the main promanade.
The rooms are lovely and very modern although I was a single person staying in a room with four beds!
I didnt have breakfast but went down for the evening meal which you have to book a time slot for and it is an extra £10 pp if you are on Bed and Breakfast. It is served by a self service buffet with really gorgeus food with a wonderful choice
There was entertainment every night even in mid Sept!
There is lots of things for kids to do
It is def a family hotel more then anything else especially peak season

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SarahIsabel
Sharon_Webb, Owner at St. Ives Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in September. We are pleased to hear you liked your room and enjoyed your evening meal in our Pier Restaurant. Family entertainment is always on during school holidays and weekends so as you mentioned we are definately suitable for famillies at these time of year. At other times of the year entertainment is featured on selected dates, so it is always good to ring up and check beforehand whether entertainment will be available. Hope to welcome you and the family back again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

I tried to book this hotel for a weekend stay in September.
Unfortunately, due to a glitch on Laterooms.Com the room was booked a week earlier than required. I rang Laterooms straight away and they rang me back to say that the hotel was sticking to their 'cancellation policy' and would charge me for the room. When I rang the hotel directly (still within 5 minutes of the original booking) they again refused to cancel and were very rude.
Late rooms gave me a cancellation number but the hotel refused to budge and debited my card for the full two nights. Nasty and unpleasant experience all round.
In the end I took them to the smalls claims court because I researched my rights under the 'Distance Selling Act'.
Then they paid up grudgingly. I quote "It was not economic for us to defend this claim"
Nice attitude! Ironically if they had just cancelled after Laterooms informed them of their web site issue (session persistence problems) I was about to rebook for the following week.
I will avoid this hotel in future - very unpleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GrahamL1
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Just spent a night at the hotel with colleagues from work for our christmas party and everyone had a great time. The hotel is starting to show signs of wear but everyone was friendly and polite. The entertainment at night was good though I suppose its what you make it that counts. The food in the evening was very good and was plentiful. The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent with a varied choice. The only downside for us was that the room didn't have a sea view but I believe you can pay extra for this.
The hotel is conveniently placed right across from the pier and a 2 minute walk into the town. There is also plenty of free parking spaces right in front of the hotel.
To sum it up I would definitely go back to this hotel for a short stay as it is great value for money.

Room Tip: Book a sea view room if that is something that apppeals to you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank leylander
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I've just returned from a 4 night stay at St Ives Hotel and had a wonderful, relaxing stay. All the staff are very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is modern and breakfasts are superb! There is plenty of choice for evening meals - I love the self-service buffet which meant that we could try bits of everything we fancied.

My parents are regulars here and advised me to get a sea view room - it was definitely worth paying the extra for this. We stayed in room 42 and were very happy with it. There was a double bed and a single bed in the room and a spotlessly clean bathroom with heated towel rail. The heating in the room went off after midnight and we were quite cold during the night so utilised the quilt from the single bed in addition to our double for the rest of our stay which helped. Hot water bottles are available from reception. We made good use of the swimming pool and sauna, and also played table tennis in the games room which was fun. We thought that £1 for a game of pool was too much to pay though so we didn't bother.

The hotel is in a great location, very close to all the amenities in Lytham. During the 4 days, there was entertainment in the form of a big band on one of those nights and this was very enjoyable. We went to the cinema on another night which is just a 5 min walk from the hotel.

I'd definitely return to the St Ives for a short break and probably take my granddaughter next time as young children go for free and can also have free swimming lessons from Mike who runs a swimming club from there. My only criticism of the hotel is that the changing rooms in the leisure centre are in need of modernisation and could be cleaner.

Room Tip: It's worth paying extra for a sea view. Give at least 30 mins notice if you want to use the sauna so it can be switched on.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebraSofiaMagdalene
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My partner and I stayed from Monday 5 Dec - Friday 9 Dec 2011. We paid extra for a sea view. My partners parents also stayed over the same period.

I've nothing but praise for the place. Outstanding value, good food (as much as you want) and a sea front location. The town centre is right around the corner and the pier is just as close. Decent room as well (double bed & single.) Also had a kettle for brewing up.

We had free wifi in the room, a heated swimming pool, a sauna room and a games room. We tried them all and only found the games room a bit disappointing ( mainly arcade machines) but we did enjoy a bit of table tennis. You need to ask for the sauna to be put on as it has to get up to temperature.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I noticed a sign saying that this was a 2-star hotel. I was well satisfied with it whatever the star rating was. Going in December meant that the place wasn't too crowded which suited us.

I'd recommend this place for a quiet break and it caters well for older folk and families.

Would definitely book this place again.

Room Tip: We paid a bit extra for a sea view and thought it was worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family