“Another petty charge”

Greens Bistro.
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small and rustic back street bistro with cosy alcove tables. Offering local seasonal produce.
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The restaurant was busy and the staff stretched. Two of us ate off the set menu. When choosing a desert I asked was I able to have a vanilla ice cream off that menu rather than one of the three more elaborate deserts. The waitress assured me this was possible. When the ice cream came it was, I think, white chocolate but inoffensive.On the bill I was charged the price for two courses plus full price for an a-la-carte desert. When it was questioned the owner was irritable, said I would have got only one boule on the table d'hote menu and that was the way THEY charged. On a bill of over £80 this was mean and bad business. Our London visitors thought it very provincial and I was embarrassed.

2  Thank ingsmeade

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This Bistro is a must to visit, it's in the centre of Lytham and is in a cellar, the service and ambience is first class and the food even better and at a very reasonable price - a gem.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Ate here last night with my parents and sister. Everything we had was well prepared, good quality and excellently flavoured - with the possible exception of the pear ice-cream which didn't taste of much and was overpowered by the delicious and light Bakewell tart. We all enjoyed everything else and I think the belly pork with black pudding, bubble and squeak and apple sauce was the real highlight for me. The menu is well thought out and uses locally sourced ingredients. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered.

The service was also very good. Friendly and efficient. Not rushed but not too long between courses. Wine and water kept topped up. Coffee brought after desserts as we requested. Nothing to fault from start to finish.

This place is well run but unpretentious and serves good quality food at reasonable prices. I will certainly return.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Having lived in St Annes for ten years we had heard mixed comments about Green's so finally decided to visit to find out for ourselves, we were not disappointed. A lovely meal in very pleasant surroundings with well trained, competent staff.
Quality food. Will definately not leave it for ten years before returning as there were more items on the menu we want to try.

1  Thank 1mapfan
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We had a lovely dining experience at this bistro recently. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were spoilt for choice with the menu. We will definately go again when we are in the area.