Lowest prices for your stay
US$72
US$77
Free cancellation until 22-02-06
FindHotel
US$69
Hotels.comUS$77
PricelineUS$72
TravelocityUS$77
All reviews budget hotel air con loughborough university business trip comfy bed stayed for one night bar area harvester harry corridor receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed November 21, 2021 via mobile

A great find as a ‘budget’ hotel. I needed a hotel a short distance from Donnington Park raceway and didn’t want to ku airport hotel prices.

The room was of a premier in size and quality level, with a very comfy bed and a large wall mounted TV. It had aircon and was a comfortable temperature over night.

The bathroom had a proper bath with a decent shower and quality Grohe fittings and the whole room was impeccably clean.

Some improvement suggestions:
1) Make you beds even more comfortable with a good quality mattress topper.
2) Increase the shower water pressure and temperature slightly. It was good enough, but I like a hot powerful shower.

I was up and out before breakfast so can’t comment on the food. But the communal bar area and the gym looked good.

The best bit was the fantastic customer service upon arrival from Harry on reception. This guy is a model of how to do customer service in the leisure and travel industry, and is a star employee at the Link Hotel Loughborough.

The moment I stepped through the door he greeted across the lobby from the reception desk with a big smile and was polite, enagaging, good humoured and made me feel welcomed and valued as a customer.

I’ve stayed in many hotels with my job that cost 3-4 times this place and rarely have I felt so welcomed at a hotel.

Harry is the best hotel receptionist I think I’ve ever encountered.

@ Link hotel corporate management - please make Harry your ‘Head of Guest Experience Training Manager’ or something similar. You have a talented colleague there whose enthusiasm and competence should be recognised and rewarded and put to good use within your wider business.

In summary - brilliant budget hotel, will definitely use again when in the area.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Samantha Gardiner, Owner at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2021

Thank you so much for such a stellar review, It's absolutely made my morning.

We love when people make improvement recommendations as with your input we can only get better and we'll have a look at both your points there.

Harry will be really pleased to read this and I will send it over to him as soon as I've finished typing this. He is actually a manager here and when you saw him would most likely have been covering the receptionists break, so don't worry he's very well valued with us and we know what an asset he is, we are biased though so it's great to hear it from guests such as yourself.

We are so glad to hear that you'll be back when next in the area and really look forward to welcoming you back, I'll put a pint behind the bar for you, just let us know who you are at check in.

Reviewed October 31, 2021

I only stayed for one night with breakfast. The staff is super friendly and warm, efficient and willing to answer all the questions right away. This was not my first stay at Link hotel and will likely not be my last.
Clean, simple, direct, good breakfast, lovely staff.

Room tip: Lower numbers are closer to the reception/restaurant
Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much, that's such a lovely review and a real pleasure to read. I do have a fantastic team here and it's lovely to hear that from our guests.

I'm really glad to hear that you're a regular guest with us, let us know when you arrive next time and we'll arrange a complimentary drink for you, we do like to thank our repeat customers!

We'll see you soon and thank you again

Reviewed October 17, 2021 via mobile

A very decent hotel for the price. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. A very good breakfast. No evening meal service at time of writing, but there is a bar and a decent Harvester right next door.

Room tip: There’s a BP Pulse fast car charging point at the Harvester next door.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Peter for the great review, really nice to read and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking into re-opening our evening restaurant... it's in the works! As soon as we do we'll be letting everyone know.

I do hope we'll be welcoming you back to The Link Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed October 4, 2021

Stayed here for 3 night in late September as I was dropping off my son at Uni. Great access from the M1 and to the Uni which is over the road. Room was a decent size, clean and comfortable. Due to COVID procedures I didn't realise that the room wouldn't be made up everyday - would be useful to be told that on arrival so you don't get a messy room surprise when you come back to the room. Breakfast was good - plenty of food options. Best part was the staff were super friendly and helpful - next time I'm back in Lboro will definitely stay here.

Date of stay: September 2021

Thank you Robin for your review, I don't know if they made you aware but we do offer a friends and family rate for students families which you can give us a call about and we can explain that to you if not.

We are back to servicing rooms every day now and have been since October. Apologies for that we must have forgotten to let you know, sorry again.

We really look forward to welcoming you next time you're visiting your son. As part of the friends and family rate he will be able to join you for a complimentary breakfast also.

Reviewed September 14, 2021

After 2 nights I was passing the mirror and noticed multiple bites all around my neck where the pillow would be touching me…. We counted over 40 !!!
I did not sit outside in the evening - only in the hotel - and these bites appear.

I was asked by management if it was a heat rash, or mosquito bite … but from the photos I have posted, you can see they are bug bites!!

Apparently the pest controller couldn’t find any in the bed- only an unidentified spider that they have frozen for more investigation… which is nasty in itself, but I have not known a spider to bite 40 plus times and leave those marks.

Burnt all my belongings I had in that room to ensure I didn’t bring any of the unexpected bed guests home!!!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Samantha Gardiner, Owner at The Link Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2021

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for taking your time to leave feedback for us, it is helpful both to us and other guests looking to stay at The Link Hotel.

As soon as you came to us at the front desk and mentioned you’d been bitten, we took immediate action to investigate and upgraded you to our sister hotel - Burleigh Court - to be more comfortable.

Naturally, we take these matters extremely seriously. We took the room offline immediately and called our pest control contractor to get an expert opinion. As I mentioned to you on the phone, I am no expert and wouldn’t want to pass judgement on this myself, hence why we use an extremely good company that are experts.

The contractor found no evidence of bugs and is issuing a report to that effect.

We make sure any issues are followed up thoroughly to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests and, whilst we don’t recognise the cause of your complaint, your experience clearly fell below our usual guest experience, and we were happy to issue a full refund.

I would also like to point out that no other guest has complained about bugs in our hotel.

Kind regards,