All reviews patio doors wedding reception wedding party duty manager patio area wedding breakfast lovely hotel couldn't do enough both nights staff were fantastic log fire would highly recommend this hotel superior room good size the ground floor beautiful setting first class
Reviewed December 5, 2017

I booked this for a stop over whilst moving house, along with my dog. Booked via Trivago which specified on its website that the hotel was pet friendly (see photo). The next day (Sunday) I was rung at 9.30pm by the Hotel! I wasn't answering at that time of night so they left a message saying to call them. I rang them the following day and they proceeded to grill me about why I had thought that I could bring a dog to the hotel when it didn't allow them. I didn't get 'Oh I'm sorry Madam, but there seems to be a mix up...' etc etc. No! I was grilled about it. When I tried to explain that it was on the Trivago website the man just kept telling me to look at their own website for policies and that dogs weren't allowed. I finished the conversation saying that they needed to take it up with Trivago and that I'd just cancel the booking which I immediately did. VERY poor rude service and am glad that I'm now booked in elsewhere, which is pet friendly and also much cheaper and nicer!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank RadioactiveSquirrel
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear Reviewer,
It saddens us that your frustration regarding your wish to bring a dog to our hotel without ever contacting the hotel direct, you chose instead to source your information from the internet which a third party called TRIVAGO, which is an online search engine used for seeking the lowest price online, this online company has no relationship with the hotel or Best Western Brand, you then chose to book with Booking.Com which clearly states no pets allowed, in fact all the below websites state no pets allowed :-
Booking.com states no pets allowed
Best Western website no pets allowed
Dryfesdale hotel states no pets allowed

Had you chosen to read the clear policies which are on your confirmation from booking.com, to which you also agreed you had received, your frustration would be better directed to TRIVAGO not the hotel, who attempted to contact you immediately to let you know that we do not accept pets.

This review website is for genuine customers who stay with us, not a forum for you to vent your frustration with the internet.

Reviewed October 27, 2017

Staying away a lot with work the easiest option has always been to default to Premier Inn. However, their prices are ridiculously high for what you get so thought that i would look elsewhere. I found Dryfesdale Country House Hotel through the Best Western website and thought that i would give it a try. Best decision i made last week as it turns out. Although from the outside it isn't obvious that you are at the right place due to lack of signs it becomes apparent as soon as you enter the building and the gentleman on reception was very polite and attentive. I was shown to my room rather than being pointed in the right direction and made to feel like a guest rather than a customer. I decided to dine in the onsite restaurant, which wasn't the hardest choice ever seeing how there was no other option, as it turns out i was quite impressed with the quality of the food served. I opted for the soup of the day which actually tasted homemade even though i am fairly sure it won't have been followed by a delicious burger. The bed was comfy enough but the pillows, although plenty of them were a little feeble and had to be repeatedly rearranged to get settled. Breakfast started well the next morning with a continental option being offered where the bar was the night previous which was well stocked and looked very appealing. I went for the cooked breakfast option though which sounded very tempting. I was brought fresh toast and coffee to my table before the server took my order. It was a full Scottish breakfast option so Haggis and Potato Scone was included with other items that you would expect with the exception of Beans. Beans it turns out is quite an important part of a breakfast which i didn't fully realise until this week. In summary; i would certainly stay here again but would opt for the continental breakfast option or none at all and get something down the road for less in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your excellent review, the chef wishes to pass on their comments also, that we only have homemade soup served here which is made fresh every day, the burgers are homemade as chef trims all our own meats and steaks by hand and then minces the cuttings down to make delicious homemade burgers you enjoyed. We do stock Baked beans and all you had to do was ask and they would have been added to your breakfast upon request, especially as they are so important to your personal breakfast experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Not been here for a while and maybe a while till am back. Although what we had to eat was good it is definitely overpriced. £6 for a large glass of wine !!!! Too much for a glass of wine I think anyway.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear Reviewer, I think we need to disagree on this occasion, £6 for a 250ml or 1/3rd of a bottle of wine or £4.50 for a 175ml of good Italian or chillean wine in my opinion is good value. in some bars & restaurants you receive a 125ml of wine of 175ml of wine significantly less than we offer. We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and suggest the next time you return you order a small glass of wine 175ml at £4.50

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We visited the Dryfesdale for Sunday lunch....one thing we noticed was how friendly the staff were
The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings not far from the motorway so would be excellent for a stop over or ideal for a break in the country.
We noticed also how spotlessly clean the hotel was and high standard of decor.
We had a lovely meal only slight criticism is that there could be more vegetables.
All in all highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your lovely review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your meal with us, we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2017

As always the welcome was friendly and efficient, we have stopped here several times over the years. The room was warm and very comfortable and we had a perfect quiet night to sleep and refresh ourselves. Outside our window we had the fun of watching sheep in the field, on previous visits it has been cattle. The food was wonderful and the attention and care given to providing a meal that met with my medical diet was greatly appreciated, not only that the chef went the extra mile to ensure it was tasty and appealing. So very impressed with her thoughtfulness on a busy night. Oh and watch out for the 6:00pm dinner special, it's amazing value

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank margyjohnson1
wrighty147, General Manager at Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your wonderful review, all the team are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and we will always try to go the extra mile to assist with dietary requirements. Many thanks once again