Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-07-28
Free cancellation until 21-07-30
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$122
Free cancellation until 21-07-29
PricelineUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
CheapTicketsUS$129
All reviews lovely meal chicken goujons shared bathroom booked a table evening meal first class lovely place home from home friendly atmosphere stayed here for one night food was fantastic room was spotless the pub good nights sleep couldn't do enough an overnight stay stephen
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2021

We where met with a warm welcome from Paige who we later found out was the daughter of the owners. She showed us to our room which was number 3. Room ok for one night. Shower room was very small, could hardly dry yourself in there. Room itself was fine, clean and comfortable. Would suggest you request another room if you are a light sleeper as the noise from air conditioning unit right under the window was a bit of a problem in the night.

1  Thank bmw555
Stephen Montgomery, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi

Thank you for your very kind review. I have to say I had to take a wee chuckle to myself when I read Paige being my daughter. This shows how close we all are as a workplace, and we are just like one big happy family. Paige is the daughter of our housekeeper who has been a part of the business now for a number of years.
Room 3 is one of our twin rooms and as you say it does have one of the smaller bathrooms, however with the layout of the building sometimes we are unable to make changes in design. Next time please do ask for another room and we will be more than happy to help to do this.

We are glad though that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 11, 2021 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel and booked dinner there too. Good service and a warm atmosphere. One of us is coeliac and the menu was superb. Many of the dishes were gluten-free or adapted to be gluten free. They explained the menu options for gluten free and what could be adapted. Hearty portions too!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahchr72

Hi Sarah

Lovely to read your kind review. Dietary requirements are a big part of all our menu planning, and we are always happy to assist where we can in making dining with us a great experience, and we are glad that you were able to see this

We hope to see you again soon

Stephen & Staff

Reviewed June 7, 2021 via mobile

Quite simply, exceptional, from arrival to departure and everything in between.
The best service I've ever had, even from 5 star hotels. Everyone seemed to be so happy at their job, and it looked like they were one big happy family.
This , on top of incredible value for money, ensures we will be back.
We got the last available room, and staff were apologetic as to the standard. However, given that the rate was only £62 for b and b, I was expecting a small cupboard, but it was a decent sized room with a separate shower/toilet. All required facilities available in the room.
Breakfast was amazing too, some of the tastiest sausages I've ever tasted , and a perfectly cooked poached egg. All served with a smile.
Dinner the previous evening was faultless and I will review it separately.
You must come here and experience this place yourselves.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin P

Hi Martin

Thank you so so much for your lovely review

It is really nice to receive feedback from all our guests and this really put everything into perspective. We have always been of the belief that its not about how much you can command for a room as a business, but what we can offer at a good price to show our guests we would like them to leave happy and return, and I think your review sums this up very well

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 6, 2021

I write this with a heavy heart, cause this place was pretty damn good the few times I have visited with my mum and dad. Back for the first time in a while and well, woof. The service has taken a bit of a dive. It took about 45 minutes even just to have our order taken which is pretty bad, even for a busy day, but it didn't seem busy when I went?

My parents are pretty disappointed, as this was their favourite restaurant, and I'm disappointed for them too, but I'm pretty disappointed myself.

I really hope whatever issue has cropped up to cause this is solved at some point, as for now, we won't be coming back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KingDeejay

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, and welcome to the world of tripadvisor

Whilst we all try to do our best, I am sure you will understand that we have already dealt with your issue about 3 weeks prior to you taking to this platform to complain.

We have all been through so much over the last year, and our hospitality teams right across the UK are trying so hard to get back into the way of things after over a year of being mostly closed. Many staff have taken other careers, and we are trying to still give the level of service we always have done prior to the pandemic.

We do apologise for your wait, although 45mins does expand a little on the actual time, however you do know that all our food is cooked from fresh and not done in a microwave.

Whilst this is not an excuse, we would hope that you would show some respect for our teams, and I am so sorry that you have chosen to say you will not be back, as this is not what we wish to hear, and something we dont want to see as we try to build the moral of our teams back up after what has been a horrible year for everyone.

Reviewed June 3, 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights mid may for a little staycation as restrictions were lifted, amazing room, very friendly staff and food to die for ate both nights in the restaurant and had breakfast too, we will certainly be back and would recommend, a little gem. Very covid safe and made us feel like we were getting a bit of normality back, Thank you so much all at The Townhead Hotel

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank chloeemily0

Hi Chloe

Thank you so much for leaving us your review.

I am so glad you were able to have an enjoyable stay and that you felt safe, which is most important to us

Hope to see you again soon