“Lovely old hotel!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We stayed end of May for 2 nights. We were able to check in really early which was a bonus to us so we could walk about Lockerbie.
Our room was at the front of the hotel. Good in size, with en-suite but the toilet was a Sani flo one to which made a noise every time it was used as thats the way it operated.
The breakfasts were great and we did eat there for the evening meals. We found the food to be good and portions were on the generous side.
I know its an old hotel but to me it could do to be revamped. I thought the style/decor was out dated but we still enjoyed our stay there.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Food was great very good portion sizes, service was even better the young man serving was so helpful and very polite to all the customers. It was such a nice change to see genuine customer service. The surroundings are a little dated but it is very clean. I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I often visit here. The food is great the service is perfect.
There is always a log fire in the winter.
A large fish tank to add to the serene atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I was a lady travelling solo & realised I was going to be late heading for the hotel, I phoned to apologise and John could not have been more helpful- tremendously clear directions to follow made a world of difference to my last 50 miles knowing that I was expected, was going to be welcomed and that I wouldn't get lost finding it:-) first class. Comfy room & powerful hot shower completed the experience - this is now my must stay destination when overnighting in the borders

1  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Stopped here overnight as I had some business to attend to in Lockerbie. Hotel was nice and cosy management very pleasant and very helpful. Meals were very generous and nicely cooked. Even the senior citizens portions were too large for me to finish. Bed was comfortable room tidy and clean. Couldn't ask for more. Know where to come if we're back this way again.
P.s. Loved the sheep in the High Street