“Old Fashioned Spacious Hotel”

The King's Arms Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Lockerbie
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dating from the 17th century, this former inn lies in the town centre. Now a family-run hotel, it provides attractive well-equipped bedrooms with WiFi access. At lunch, a menu ranging from snacks to full meals is served in both the cosy bars and the restaurant at dinner
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Pleasant welcome at this AA 2 star Hotel. Close to station (no noise). Decor throughout, is dated but very clean. Only stayed one night as just passing through. Comprehensive choice of evening meal + specials. Huge portions. Nice firm bed. Back bedroom quiet. Good breakfast selection. Reasonable room rate. Would definitely stay again & recommend.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 27, 2017

We stayed end of May for 2 nights. We were able to check in really early which was a bonus to us so we could walk about Lockerbie.
Our room was at the front of the hotel. Good in size, with en-suite but the toilet was a Sani flo one to which made a noise every time it was used as thats the way it operated.
The breakfasts were great and we did eat there for the evening meals. We found the food to be good and portions were on the generous side.
I know its an old hotel but to me it could do to be revamped. I thought the style/decor was out dated but we still enjoyed our stay there.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Food was great very good portion sizes, service was even better the young man serving was so helpful and very polite to all the customers. It was such a nice change to see genuine customer service. The surroundings are a little dated but it is very clean. I would highly recommend a visit.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

I often visit here. The food is great the service is perfect.
There is always a log fire in the winter.
A large fish tank to add to the serene atmosphere.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 17, 2017

I was a lady travelling solo & realised I was going to be late heading for the hotel, I phoned to apologise and John could not have been more helpful- tremendously clear directions to follow made a world of difference to my last 50 miles knowing that I was expected, was going to be welcomed and that I wouldn't get lost finding it:-) first class. Comfy room & powerful hot shower completed the experience - this is now my must stay destination when overnighting in the borders

Date of visit: June 2017