All reviews presidential suite afternoon tea jacuzzi bath lakeside room wedding reception country hotel lovely grounds travelzoo deal wedding venue four poster bed lovely hotel room was large wedding breakfast sandwiches birthday treat waiting staff course meal
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Afternoon tea in lovely surroundings ,in a lovely dining room , looked after by friendly staff, best of all the tea itself the sandwiches were good the scones jam and cream were light and delicious and the cakes were fabulous the pot of tea the finishing touch to a pleasant experience .

Date of stay: October 2018
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon tea and surroundings.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Just visited the Mere Court, to experience their Afternoon Tea. It was a very nice, enjoyable experience, helped considerably, by the close attentions of the waitress that served us.
My wife and myself, consider ourselves as good judges of the high standards required from an afternoon tea, due to the numerous visits we have made.
We found the Mere Court, to be of good quality, not the best we have had, but certainly up there of high standard. Excellent value for money, taken within some lovely surroundings, overlooking the rear gardens.
We will certainly return, if the opportunity arises.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thank you for your review regarding afternoon tea at Mere Court. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed it and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

We had a beautiful gift brought for us by friends much needed after a very stressful few weeks it was 2 nights with evening meal 1 night and breakfast both days the Room ( Windsor Suite was lovely and spacious the bed was really uncomfortable way too hard the best thing was the roll top bath the evening meal was lovely but the wait was ridiculous they were definitely understaffed one guy was taking orders table waiting and then having to run to the bar too serve there too the breakfast was cold and uneatable so much so we went out the first day to breakfast elsewhere the second day we went home as the breakfast still had no improvement the bacon was full of white stringy bits the best thing about the breakfast was the coffee and the lady serving it. then when checking out they tried to give me a surcharge for having steak it wasn't in the terms or conditions and certainly not on the menu would I recommend it no I have had better at travel lodge it certainly does not deserve its four stars

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather387

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my apologies for the issues you have raised. We replaced all the beds and mattresses with new only 2 weeks ago so I am surprised to hear you found the bed uncomfortable. Please be assured of our best intentions.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here as it was my brothers wedding nearby. Very helpful
and attentive staff. The room was very nice, we had a really nice view over fields, the bed was very comfy and big.
Would highly recommend and think that we will be staying there again!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for a wonderful review. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

Had a meal for four here. The staff were very attentive and the food was first rate. The hotels public rooms were clean and tidy. The car park had plenty of spaces. Gardens are tidy. This was my third time here for a meal and I will go back again.

1  Thank bigbadray

It is always great to read such a lovely review. I look forward to your 4th visit.