“Perfect Easter bank holiday”
other travellers have booked this property
Curlew Cottage Garden Detail Curlew Cottage Garden
Curlew Cottage Garden
Curlew Cottage Outlook
Curlew Cottage Hot Tub
Curlew Cottage Roof
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Steph D
Old Colwyn, null, United Kingdom
“Perfect Easter bank holiday”
Reviewed March 28, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

Wow!! Literally just returned home & couldn't wait to share our review on our long weekend at the gorgeous Curlew cottage!
We received a lovely warm welcome from Mike and Jayne, they're a very friendly and helpful couple. They introduced them selves and immediately took us into the cottage and shown us where all appliances and gadgets were and how to use them (hot tub, docking station, boil tap etc). We were so pleasantly surprised with a plate of Easter cupcakes and a lovely bottle of red wine! Lovely touch. Once we were left on our own I had to take photos and just take in how beautiful and precisely homely the cottage was. Everything was here! There was nothing missed ! It was home from home. I had totally underestimated and overpacked. - everything from champagne glasses, to tin openers, to whisks and washing powder to toiletries and essentials! Everywhere was so clean and fresh and warm. Towels and robes were clean and fresh!
Our highlight was the hot tub! Wow. We were in there for most of our time. The hot tub is so warm and clean and plenty of jets! The lights are a lovely touch at the evening.
We were supposed to go with 6 of us and a dog, however only 4 of us could make it, the cottage was spacious and relaxing at the same time.
Jayne and Mike even left out bits for the dog, bowl and bags - they do think of everything! If you needed them they're only a text or phone call away. We can't wait to return and we are already discussing when! Thank you again for everything and we can't wait to return.

Management Response
30 Mar 2016
It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay at our cottage, we look forward to your return.
Mike D
“A Beautiful Haven in the Heaven of Cheshire”
Reviewed October 15, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I recently stayed with at Jayne & Mike’s beautiful Cottage, after I’d had a recommendation from a friend; and though I was certain after seeing the website that it would be a wonderful place to visit, I didn’t realise how welcoming, warm and homely Curlew would be!

After a few exchanges online with Mike, I was booked in for a week- the communication was perfect and I never had to wait for a response- which was a great insight for the forthcoming stay. I arrived and was met by both Mike & Jayne, who showed me around the cottage- I was blown away by the immaculate gardens, space for cars, and cleanliness throughout. Every modern convenience is there, along with rapid wifi and a truly first-class kitchen; though I didn’t have the chance to entertain friends there, I have no doubt it would be the perfect place for parties and intimate dinners alike.

Each evening I stayed at the cottage I found more ways to enjoy the area, with beautiful restaurants on the door step, grocery shops for anything I might have forgotten, and for when I was feeling cosy there were DVDs and (possibly one of my favourite things!) a Bang & Olufsen TV on which to watch them curled up in the living room.
The bedrooms are beautiful and the house is decorated impeccably throughout- I actually had to find out the colour of the walls in the lounge from Jayne as I have since (attempted to!) replicate the feel of the space- it’s clear a huge amount of thought and effort has gone into the cottage.

The worst time was inevitably when I had to leave, though I did so already looking forward to the next visit- and I must return again to use the hot tub in the front garden!

Mike, Jayne, I can’t thank you enough for showing me such hospitality and warmth- as a southerner working in the north you made me feel like I had a real home from home, and I can’t wait to see you both again; for anyone thinking about staying here, please please do! It is not just a cottage, it is an absolute haven of peace and tranquility.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amenities available had all been perfectly appointed
Liked least: When I had to leave!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing