“Great Preview Night”

Miller & Carter Hinckley
Ranked #53 of 119 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We were lucky enough to attend one of the preview evenings. The food was excellent, and the staff really friendly. One or two minor service issues, nothing that spoilt our evening, and we're really looking forward to returning in the future. One of the best fillet steaks I've ever had - well done chefs! Loved the onion loaf, and REAL lettuce - none of this fancy mixed leaves stuff.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Our table was booked for 7.45 and we were seated on time. Nobody came over to us for 20 minutes to take any drinks orders. We eventually had to find someone to help us. We ordered a starter and drinks, we received the starter and had finished the starter before any drinks had arrived!! We then required more drinks and were fed up with waiting and trying to attract someone my husband went to the bar himself to purchase drinks. We had no problem with the main course and the food was nice overall.

The service was very poor and was the thing that let them down.

Not sure if we will visit again as this has put us off.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Really delicious meal with friends. So much choice on the menu, but I had a beautiful fillet steak with peppercorn sauce. The sauce was fiery enough to give it all a little kick. Having not eaten at M&Cs before we were a little bemused by the lettuce wedge... but turned out to complement it completely. Great choice of mains if you don’t like steak, good choice of starters and puddings too!! It’s not a cheap meal out but I think the price is fair for the quality of the food. They also operate a smart casual dress code, so no hoodies or tracksuits... but again, when you walk in you can see why. Great place for a special meal or treat. So why not 5 star?
It totally would be except there were a lot of things on the menu that they had ran out of. We had to choose alternatives on starters, sauces and mains. We did visit after the easter bank holiday... so I guess deliveries were not in. I hope that’s not a regular occurrence.
That’s it... will defo be back hopefully to try the missing items.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Bank holiday Monday 7.30, was busy but we were seated straight away, the tables are very very close so if you want a romantic couples meal .. this is not the place ☹️
We luckily had no one sit next to us, the waitress Lauren who served us was lovely and very helpful, my husband had the rib eye which was nice and tasty but had a big chunk of fat in, I had a fillet.... it was ok but I've definitely had better tastier elsewhere.
We used the free glass of wine vouchers from the website, which was excellent and saved us £9.85, I loved the onion loaf and iceberg lettuce with bacon and honey, but my husband wasn't to keen.
Arggg No French Mustard ?!?
Didn't have a dessert as we were both full to the brim

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Before this Miller & Carter opened in Hinckley I had previously tried the one in Enderby. As with both I would suggest that you make a reservation to guarantee a table as it can get very busy especially later on in the evenings/ weekends. Despite this being a steak house I usually opt for the BBQ Glazed Chicken. The starters are very nice, personal favourites being the Nachos and the Cheddar Mushrooms although the desserts I'm not overly keen on. Saying that I'm much more of an American dessert kind of person so I very rarely find that restaurant desserts appeal to me. I really enjoy the chicken option but if you are looking to have a steak I would certainly recommend the Butchers Block to share, slightly pricey but really nice and you won't go home hungry. Good service and I love the revamp of the interior both indoors and outside and it is nice to see previous staff that worked at the Harvester still working there. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again, just keep up the good work.

1  Thank K R