Copsewood House
Newtown House Hotel(Hayling Island)
US$109
Langstone Hotel(Hayling Island)
US$70
US$63
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Waratah Lodge(Hayling Island)
The Crown(Emsworth)
US$55
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$62
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

All reviewsbalcony roomthe blue roomhome from homecomplimentary winewonderful hostsinglenook fireplaceguest loungequiet lanea lovely short breakexcellent breakfastblack puddingset you up for the dayplace to staylovely houseguest househighly recommend this b bvery comfortable stay
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Me and my family stopped over the easter weekend of 2012. The staff are very friendly and made us welcome on arrival. The rooms were very clean and cleaned on a regular basis. We had our 1 year old son with us and they provided a cot with blankets, which left us extra room in car. The breakfast was a delight to get up for, you have a choice of pretty much anything from lite bites to the good old full english. They have an award for their breakfast which is understandable as it was wonderful. The location is in a quiet part of the island but not far from anything really, town is a 2 minute drive.
Overall I would recomend this guesthouse to anyone wanting to stop on hayling island its 5* in my eyes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mark f
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and breakfasts.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I hadn't been to Hayling Island before so I had zero expectations; but boy was I greeted with a wonderful stay at Copsewood. Unfortunately it was the time of year and there were a few plumbing issues in the room we had booked but the owners lined up a different room for us. I've never been given so much and charged so little! It wasn't the perks that were given to us, that made the stay as wonderful as it was, in fact it was the little things you don't notice and take for granted without realizing. A beautiful back garden view from our balcony was my pick - I could have sat there for hours (well, more than I did). And the freedom we were given by the owners, it was perfect, and I detest using cliche's such as that one but it was. Jill was the person that we saw most and she was so lovely. We even had a lightbulb replaced in our room! The other highlight for me was the morning's breakfast. What Jill mustered up was quite superb (I'm running out of superlatives here). Almost a three-course meal. I am a man with great appreciation for food and this was, to put it mildly, the most flavored meal I'd ever had - I really wasn't expecting what I got. Juice to start with, followed by pre-breakfast cereal (nothing special but it was brought out to us which was nice). Then came the tea/coffee and there was no shortage which was a good job because it was so tasteful. The main course was delivered not long after. Exactly as you would wish. Everything was just as you would expect. It's a shame there wasn't anything left over. Toast was brought out shortly after, which was the most opportune time to make use of the vast variety of jam's and marmalade's which had been sitting in the middle of the table through the entire breakfast. What an amalgamation, stunning. Fabulous stay, and we didn't even have time to use our free round of golf which was offered to us. Lovely people.

Max

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are stunning, only two I believe but it has a perfect view and great to get fresh air.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Max H
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Thank you for staying at Copsewood House, we were delighted to read your review. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Needing somewhere to stay in Hayling Island for a weekend sailing event I chose Copsewood House because of the impressive reviews on trip advisor. That was a great decision.From the moment of arrival I was made to feel both welcome and very much at home . Furthermore , Jill not only kindly supplied lunch in a waterproof sealed bag but also offered some very useful local knowledge re sailing in the bay. All amazing and will definately stay next time I'm in the area.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nick S
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

I am very pleased you felt comfortable staying here and I very much thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to write a review. I was also delighted to hear that you felt the past reviews were helpful and of course that your sandwiches stayed dry. We look forward to seeing you again. Jill

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Ideally located near to Havant and Portsmouth, Copsewood House is in the rural north part of Hayling Island. The property is in a quiet setting and with plenty of off-road parking.

The cooked breakfast is excellent and an extensive choice, freshly prepared and local produce is used where possible, the black pudding is the very best which Jill gets direct from Stornoway.

The bedrooms are comfortable, well decorated all have en-suites, they are well equipped and lots of excellent finishing touches both for men and the ladies, way above the normal hotel standard. The rooms have china cups and mugs for the varied assortments of teas, coffees etc and cut glasses for your complimentary bottle of wine in the room.

Jill and Ray are excellent hosts, there if you want a chat and in the back ground if you just want your space. After a tiring day at work, you are often offered a beer or wine. The sitting room is very comfortable with a big open fireplace and in the summer evenings you will find Jill in the gazebo with a glass of wine, TV and heater on while Ray is at the BBQ, all very relaxing.

Guests are given complimentary rounds to the Beachlands Par 3 9-hole Golf Course run by Ray, he is a PGA professional Grade 3 teacher and there are even practice nets in the garden.

In my profession I have to stay away a good majority of the time, Copsewood House is definitely the best experience I have had in every way..Nice people too!

Room Tip: If you are fed up with Hotels and the usual offerings - try this, it will be a revelation
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RoyGoff
FlowerHayling, Owner at Copsewood House, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Copsewood House.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

this had more the feel of staying with relatives than in a b&b/guest house. Jill and Ray were the perfect hosts.
a large room [the blue one], comfortable bed, tea tray with a varied selection [inc soup] but for me, the breakfast was probably the best I've had away from home. If Carlesberg did breakfasts - it still would not be as good as Jill's

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family