US$232
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Old Ferry Inn(Fowey)(Great Value!)
US$149
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$118
Fowey Hall(Fowey)
  • Free Internet
1,492 results
All reviewsgin barsea viewparking spaceantique lifttraditional hotelrichardson grouprichardson hotelslovely hotelpublic roomsfour poster bedstandard roomshort breakdining roomper nightcar parkfowey estuarylovely break
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights and wished we had stayed longer. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Really lovely food, and rooms with amazing views. Also a good location if you fancy a boat trip to Mevagissey. One of the nicest places I have ever stayed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank WhiskeyCyclist
Lindsey B, General Manager at The Fowey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear WhiskeyCyclist,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Feedback is vital and we are truly grateful you have taken the time to share your thoughts.

I hope we will be welcoming you in the near future?
If myself or one of the team can be of any assistance to you please contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was very comfortable situated in an idyllic landscape. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food was excellent with a superb selection of sea food on offer in addition to many other scrumptious menu options. Only the best ingredients for food, cocktails, tea, coffee and two pumps with Cornish draught beer

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Ian L,

Thank you for your review.

Your feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our kitchen team work daily on creating new dishes using the best Cornish produce. Our bar manager also ensures there is plenty for you to taste in the Lookout Bar whilst soaking up the view.
I hope we will welcome you again in the near future where I am sure there will be some stunning new drinks and dishes for you to try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to add an extra night onto our holiday in Cornwall and what a great way to spend it, in the beautiful Fowey.

First of all the lift in this hotel is amazing! The hotel is located in a fabulous spot in Fowey with wonderful views of the estuary and out to sea.
This is a really beautiful hotel, the staff were very attentive, the room was comfortable with a lovely sea view and very spacious & clean. Large fluffy towels and luxury toiletries were provided.

There was a large selection to choose from at breakfast and cooked to perfection. Parking at the hotel was available (£10 extra) which is a huge bonus in Fowey.

A last minute decision but a great one. Would highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Chapman1,

Thank you for your review.

Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

I am very proud of the staff at Fowey and I will be sure to share your comments with them all.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.
If myself or one of the team can be of any assistance toy please do not hesitatae to contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here for Sunday lunch on 10th June.I am happy to report that the food, surroundings and service were very good.
Because it was lunchtime we decided not to have a bottle of wine but instead, each a glass of house wine. She wanted white and was told it was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc; I wanted red and was told it would be a Pinot Noir. We said we wouldhave large glasses (250 mg). Our respective glasses arrived and were very good.
When the bill arrived I was a bit shocked to see that the red was £13 and the white £11. Any reader of this might feel it was principally our fault in not asking the price before ordering. I would agree up to a point but I still think we should have been warned. I have never paid as much as this for individual glasses in my life. Putting matters into context, the set menu was only £14 for two courses!
Would we eat at the Fowey Hotel again? Definitely. But next time I would ask to see the wine menu!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank graham196

Dear graham196,

Thank you for your review. Apologies for the delay in responding to you. I wanted to discuss your feedback with our food and beverage team. From the information I have received it would seem after ordering your house wine the 'New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc' was offered as this would be the next wine by the glass as a favourite (as with the red) but it does come at a higher cost. I can only apologise this was not made clear or communicated effectively for you and as mentioned I have discussed your feedback in full with the team so as to avoid this happening again. I am pleased you enjoyed your lunch and that we will hopefully see you again for another visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is simply a gem. The style is traditional but definitely not stuffy and fits the building beautifully, even down to the old style lift in the reception area. We paid the extra for the sea facing room which was most definitely worth it. The room was very well fitted out with a very comfortable large bed, flat screen tv and bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower however, the best feature was the amazing view overlooking the water and Polruan on the opposite coast. Who needs a tv when you can have a cuppa with the curtains open looking at that level of scenery?

As we were there for a family wedding we also had the advantage of tasting a large selection of the food available and all credit to the kitchen team as all of it was exceptional. From the formal post wedding dinner to the evening buffet, the attention to detail was excellent and the food was very tasty. It was refreshing to see that the hotel also stocked may local drinks from a selection of local Skinners ale to locally produced gins which makes a welcome change to the selection of national brands normally found.

By far the though, the best part of the break was the welcome, friendliness and dedication of all the hotel staff. It would be great to mention individuals but it simply would not be fair as all were exceptional. The Hotel is about to be/or recently changed ownership to Harbour Hotels and my recommendation to the new owners is, please keep them all and look after them as you have not only bought a beautiful hotel but have also gained a fantastic and dedicated team who are an asset to your business!!!

Thank you for a most memorable weekend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rich B,

Thank you for your review.

It is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to feedback your comments.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and I will be sure to share your comments with the whole team.
Our local offering is hugely important to us and we are delighted you enjoyed it.

We are all excited for the future and ALL the team will look forward to seeing you upon a return visit.
If myself or one of the team can be of assistance to you please contact us on 01726 832551 option 0.