“wouldn't go back”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Egham
Bushey, United Kingdom
“wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The room we had was very small with a small side window which overlooked nice gardens. The grounds looked lovely but the corridor from the lift smelt a little damp. The walls were very thin and you could hear either side walking around in their rooms as well as the maid hoovering outside our door in the afternoon and again at 10am. We were asked to be quiet when we were only chatting didnt even have the tv on loud just listening to music on our iphone.
The spa area was the best part really, nice steam room and sauna, pool a little cold but jacuzzi nice. Plently of towels and loungers to relax.
The bar and restaurant was a little pricey and lacked atmosphere, was like a function room divided up with basic chairs and tables.
We had breakfast included with our room but it wasnt great either.
On leaving we were questioned about our room tab and asked to confim each receipt not somthing you want to do in front of others checking out, we should have just been asked to read and confirm each one rather than be read out each 3 receipts.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ops_Savillcourt, Guest Relations Manager at Savill Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Lianenicole,

Thank you for your review, we are dissapointed that you did not enjoy your stay.
We do ask residents to be mindful of neighbouring guests when playing music as we aim to offer the best experience to every guest.
We do hope you will try us again in the future, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will make a reservation for you personally.

Guest Services.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I contacted the Hotel regarding a corporate booking which I required to make for approx 20 people. It would have been for an overnight stay and away day event the following day. I received the information and was very impressed with the speed in which my requirements were met via email. Having spoken to the reservation staff I agreed that we would defintely go ahead with the booking. I waited a couple of days for the promised contract which did not appear in my inbox and as time was passing before the actual event I decided to phone the hotel to request the contract, I was told by a member of staff that it was a busy time of year and a contract would be forthcoming within the week. I then sent an email to confirm my booking just to safeguard myself as this was my first event for my new role and I wanted things to go according to plan. On the Monday of the following week I was away from the office but on returning on the Tuesday had received a message to say that the Hotel were unable to honour my booking as another corporate booking had decided to extend their stay. This was a week after my written confirmation of our booking and also my call to the reservation staff to confirm. When I called the Hotel I was told they could offer me a sister hotel at an extra cost of £20 per person. As I was working on a budget this was not possible. Also all the detail had been sent to the Board members - some which were travelling from Europe and had booked their travel. As mentioned previously by other reviewers - the reservation staff need to be tutored in customer care skills. I never received an apology and the feeling I got was I should 'take it or leave it'. I do not find this acceptable. As luck would have it I found another hotel 'The Royal Berkshire Hotel' who were absolutely fabulous and arranged my event within less than two weeks. I would not use this hotel or another in it's group again.

Room Tip: Don't bother as the room may not be available when you get there
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Gaddicles
northamptonshire
Reviewed 10 February 2012

You know those old school reports you used to get - could do better! I feel this sums up the Savill Court hotel. The grounds are beautiful as you approach the Hotel but there is something lacking in the rooms , bar and Restaurant. It needs more warmth with side lamps and pictures. There also seems to be a problem with the heating. The swimming pool area was great but again could do with better lighting in the seating area. Overall a good stay in a beautiful part of the Country.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank honestduo
Dear Honestduo,
Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you had an overall good experience and we will take on board your comments regarding the restaurant and bar.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

ESSEX
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We booked this stay for a weekend break with some friends, After a wonderful weekend stay i felt that i must write this review, lets begin, checking in was a breeze with the most helpful & polite staff you could wish to meet, the room was immaculate & well appointed with lovely views of the gardens, the room service was as good as it gets, the restaurant food was fantastic both for the evening meal & the breakfast, the swimming pool, sauna & steam room where excellent as was the whirlpool spa, the staff are very attentative and nothing seems to be to much trouble, this was our second weekend stay at this hotel but will not be our last, well done keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Kye Kye,
Thank you for your feedback and your very kind comments regarding our service standards and service team, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Westbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Had a lovely time at this hotel 3rd - 5th Feb. Booking in was simple and quick, we received an upgrade as well which was lovely. Room was nice with a view over the garden found it to be just the right temperature nice and snug. On the Friday evening we walked to the Fox and Hound for our meal, good service and nice food but a little pricey. Breakfast in the hotel was lovely,buffet style with a large choice for an english breakfast or continental. Only downside was that some of the heat units for the hot food didnt seem to be working very well so some of the food was a luke warm. We chose to do "The Long Walk" through Windsor Park to get into Windsor itself. It was lovely, stacks of wildlife and many early morning joggers. Breakfast experience on the Sunday pretty much the same. Check out easy and prompt. All staff were very helpful and smiley.

Room Tip: Our room was number 70 which looked over the garden
Dear Binx1969
Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding our service team.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We booked a dinner, bed and breakfast deal at this hotel.

The exterior of the hotel is wonderful and reception area is well kept.
We were told we had been upgraded to an 'executive room' - I am very pleased we werent given a standard as the 'executive' was tiny.
The dining and lounge areas were nice, but we were suprised there was no lounge with a TV - for this you had to sit in the boardroom.
The swimming pool, sauna and steam room are clean and a good size. The gym is small but has everything you need.
The spa is a bit of a joke. Terrible reception and waiting area - messy, grubby and cramped. I booked a 50 minute massage [£69] and was kept waiting for 30 minutes with no explanation and no apology - I had to cut it short as we had dinner reservations.
Dinner was ok - the food did not taste fresh [i.e. tinned soup] but was reasonable. The wine included was very nice and the staff were great.
Breakfast was good - a wide choice of things to choose from.
The whole trip was made better at the end when at checkin I asked to have my treatment discounted and the reception manager took it off the bill after I explained what happened. He did this without prompting and was very apologetic - I certainlt didnt expect not to pay, but it was a very nice gesture. The reception staff I must say were fantastic.

Overall I'd say this is a 3.5 star hotel by UK standards.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go below an 'executive' roon
1 Thank alexjane_115
Dear Alexjane,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments regarding our service team and breakfast; we recieve lots of highly positive feedback about our spa and we are sorry to understand that you had a delay waiting for your treatment, thank fully this error was rectified prior to your departure
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Middle England
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed here over night following our Christmas party; I know from past experience that the regular hotel rooms are small and cold - so for the extra £30, we upgraded to an exec room.

These are larger, and well appointed. I did have to stop husband from exposing himself to the world when he pulled back the curtains on our ground floor room, as they dont have any blinds, or nets!

The bathroom is nice, although the taps are too far back from the sink, so the water drips down the underside, and leaves a lovely mouldy patch that you can only see if you're sat on the toilet opposite. Being a lady, I had to look at this everytime I used the loo!

Lots of fluffy towels, and space to put your toiletry bag, nice lavender smelling amenities. Mattress was comfortable, though the pillows are the marshmallow type that disappear when you put your head on them.

We did find that owing to the way the doors are hung, you can't use half the wardrobe space. Lots of mirrors, none with decent lighting to apply makeup.

Breakfast next morning wasnt anything to write about, sausages were good, though the bacon was undercooked, and the toast like cardboard.

Still havent had time to use the pool, so can't comment.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and upgrade to an exec room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Anionfan,
Thank you for your feedback; it will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Guest Services.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Egham
3.6 km away
3.0 km away
Travelodge Egham
Travelodge Egham
#4 of 5 in Egham

Been to Savill Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!