“Best samosas ever!”

Mendi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Droitwich
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mendi’s restaurant is all about vegetarian home cooking offering authentic Indian cuisine in an informal setting. The majority of Indian cuisine is vegetarian and it is this taste of India that Mendi’s restaurant offers its customers.​ The restaurant is family friendly and promotes the family tradition with good nutritious food at its heart.
Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

What an amazing restaurant. The staff were lovely, very friendly and welcoming. The food was probable the best Indian meal I've ever eaten. The only downside is that I don't live near enough to go regularly.
Highly recommend the samosas in particular.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

Having read the reviews I decided to give this restaurant a try. I tried a couple of days using the tripadvisor phone app, but it kept taking me into Droitwich.
The restaurant is in Wychbold, on the other side of the M5. From the M5 head towards Webbs of Wychbold Garden Centre and you will find Mendi's on the left just before Mc Donalds.

The restaurant has a really lovely ambiance and feels extremely comfortable and authentic. Service is very friendly and on my visit, the waiter was very careful to tell me that this was a VEGETARIAN restaurant. Possibly this is because I resemble a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but I could not swear to it.

The food was very very good, but I wonder how it is possible that a vegetarian restaurant is MORE expensive than a non vegetarian. Particularly for what would be considered normal starters.

Then chief ingredient of the main dishes appears to be Paneer, which is very tasty, but again not an expensive ingredient. I note that Das Sreedaran's restaurants have a more extensive variety of vegetarian options.

Great work on the restaurant guys, but if you want to get us meat eaters into the restaurant, it would probably be useful to do some special offers.
P.S. I love vegetarian food, but rather like Pizzas cannot understand the pricing policy.

P.P.S I will still come back, even at the current prices

Reviewed June 1, 2016

Went here with our neighbours and what a delight it turned out to be. One vegetarian and three omnivores and not one of us could fault the taste, quality of ingredients, size of portion or the service - all were brilliant.

All the dishes are made to order which seems to make them extra tasty, the side orders of poppadums, naan breads and vegetable sides were equally delicious.

Only gripe is it's probably 10-20% heavy on the prices. We paid £90 for four and it's a BYO on the booze.

But you can't really knock the quality. We shall be going back.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

I have eaten my fair share of Indian food in the past but nothing has been as special as this evening's menu. I am not a vegetarian but if I could live on that food forever then I'd never want meat! It was absolutely delicious! We even had pudding which was divine! It was excellent value for money too! Not only was the food amazing, the decor was beautiful and the owners were so warm and friendly. A certain famous food critic was also dining with us and he is a regular so we were told. I can see why! This is a place where I will be spending many a night enjoying more of their fine Indian cuisine! Yay for Mendi!

1  Thank DGemini13
Reviewed May 17, 2016

Had the pre 5-30 special meal, £9.50 per head at time of visit, plenty of choice however, excellent food, good service. 5 of us all impressed with the meal, will return when next in area.