“Twice in Two Days!”

Athena Meze Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Reviewed October 3, 2018

I had lunch on 22.09.18 here. I've never eaten here before. I eventually ordered the swordfish steak with new potatoes and broccoli. The Italian waiter didn't seem to know much about the menu or the dish. I asked for some butter when I ordered my food and glass of wine. It was cold in the restaurant, which I told him. No response at all!
My swordfish meal came without any butter, so had to ask again. The food was lovely.
23.09.18 I came here with a friend in the evening for dinner. Thankfully, the heating was on. I had sea bass fillets with new potatoes and broccoli (again)! We had the cheese and spinach triangular parcels for starters. Coffee to finish.
I had to send mine back as it was served on a cold plate! I'm a slow eater. My friend didn't mind
Again, the Italian waiter was of little help when asked about the menu. Hence 4* not 5. He needs training on the menu. Great food though.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

We went here tonight for a family birthday meal and had a booking of 10- they were incredibly accomodating and opened up especially for our party.

everyone wanted different starters so the waiter suggested a mezze of starters including the prawns, tzatziki, plenty of pitta, feta, hummus and more.

The mains were equally as good- the mixed grill was very nice but the drunken chicken (chicken in a sauce made with brandy and other bits) was excellent and everyone wanted to try some.

The meal was topped off with some complementary ouzo and raki which was fantastic. Nothing was too much for the staff and a very enjoyable night, top class hosts.

This is suchch a good local business, and we just hope that more people visit the restaurant to give it the custom it deserves.

2  Thank WIltshireboyo78
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Excellent evening, food was really nice and waiter Valentino was brilliant. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time yesterday, and not only was the service impeccable (our waiter was efficient, friendly and very happy to stop by for a conversation or two), but the food was also phenomenal. I'm a vegetarian, and they had numerous options to satisfy me - with the waiter even bringing out a couple starters on the house for us to try. This is the kinda place that Chippenham needs and I will 100% certainly be going back. Hope everyone checks it out.

2  Thank Philippa B
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

I recently ate at here and the food is absolutely incredible! The service and staff is amazing and we were treated like royalty. I couldn’t not recommended this restaurant enough!

3  Thank Alicia_rose101