“Delightful Stay During the Chippenham Festival”

Diana Lodge B And B
Ranked #20 of 31 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We spent the weekend duringt he Chippenham Festival, and found it was a short walk to all the venues. Diana (not her real name) was gracious, hospitable, and provided "extras" to make the stay enjoyable. For example, she packed up our left-over breakfast (which was more than ample) as sandwiches to take away for lunch.
The room was cozy and comfortable.
We hope to back during next season's festival, when I believe it is hard to find a booking anywhere in or near town during the the well-attended festival.

Lee/Julian Shepherd

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
challenger175, Owner at Diana Lodge B And B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of Diana Lodge B&B. it was a pleasure to have you stay for the Chippenham Folk Festiva, I know that this Festival is so enjoyed by you. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2011

There was plenty of car parking available,The room my friend and my self stayed in was clean and tidy. We were welcomed by the owner, who gave us a selection of good resturants and pubs in walking distance for evening meals. As we were only staying for the one night this time we never had much time to view the town during the day. As we were leaving early in the morning, to go to the local race track for the vintage car auction.We asked for early breakfest, which was very good, and filled us until late lunch.
Next time i will stay there, but with my wife, for a longer time.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kenchippenhamsuffolk

Thank you for your candid memories of Diana Lodge , It was a pleasure to be your host for the duration of your stay and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed in this B&B for quite a long time. The service is good and clean,got to have a variety of English and Continental breakfast. The price is really cheap and you get a high quality service and nice and friendly environment to stay in.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest comments and review of Diana Lodge B&B, the fact that you were a long term resident here allowed you to develop a balanced view of my establishment. I hope you will consider returning if you are working or visiting the area

Reviewed 25 August 2010

After my wife putting a 'not so good' review, Diana wrang me at home.
Not to ask about our stay, or to apologise for the awful time we had, but to berate us for having the audacity to make any adverse comments on this site.
All I can say is this lady, who is no doubt a very caring person and appears to do her bit for charity, has so lost touch with the most important thing, her responsibility to her Guests.
She should either smarten her act up, or cease trading.
This is such a shame, as my son has just moved to Chippenham and we were looking for a place to stay on a regular basis, obviously it will not be there

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank RoyP_10
challenger175, Owner at Diana Lodge B And B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

II am proud of my contribution to my community in Chippenham and I do hold regular fund raising in aid of local charities and organisation and am happy to give, Kindness is good

Reviewed 15 August 2010

Although the host was pleasant, the rooms (we had 3) were dirty poorly maintained and generally shabby. The decor left much to be desired and the carpets were dirty and stained. The bathroom was clean but decor was poor and had its own cobwebs (room 3) Room 2 was dirty dusty and needed a complete overhaul. Please don't even look at the radiators which have never been cleaned, and a child of 3 could probably tile and grout better. The milk, in the rooms, provided for tea and coffee was off and out of date. Room 1 (downstairs was dirty and dusty and in a generalyl poor state of decor, the bathroom was so dirty you could ( and we did) write your name on the wall tiles. All rooms have out of date feather pillows and hard worn out mattresses. The shower had mould growing inside and dont even ask to see the radiators and windows. As I have said the Host was polite. The breakfast was supposed to be a full English but fell well short of this consisting of a ssausage, two rashers of bacon and a small egg! hmm a full english I think not!! This could be turned into an e good accommodation if only it where clean and decorated, new windows etc. We would not be recommending this to anyone, and neither will we forget it in a hurry.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

I am proud of my contribution to my community in Chippenham we are a very caring , and kind, kindness is good.

Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed at Diana Lodge for the Chippenham Folk Festival, and received a very friendly welcome. Our double room was on the small side, but nicely decorated and very comfortable. Breakfasts provided were good, "full English", with plenty of cereals, fruit juice and toast as well.

The owner is genuinely approachable: if you need something, maybe more toast or towels, just ask.

This B and B is less than 10 minutes walk from the rail station, and similarly from many of the festival venues. Some of the festival events finished late, and so we returned late: no problem.

It is worth mentioning is that the riverside provides pleasant walking and birdwatching opportunities. The Folk Festival, of course, is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your time in writing this honest opinion of your stay at Diana Lodge B&B. The fact that I am situated so close to the town centre made this establishment more attractive to you, and I hope you will return if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 May 2010

the room was a nice size with a good en-suite. the bed was comfortable and good for the 2nights that i spent there. I would definately stay there again and recommend it for a friendly stay in the beautiful town of Chippenham and the villagessurrounding the town. the location i found was excellant as it was just down the road from the town centre and there was plenty of pubs for the entertainment side in the local proximity.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo

Thank you for your honest review and for choosing Diana Lodge B&B I am pleased that you found me to be generous and friendly with my big Caribbean smile and generous breakfast I do look forward to being your host if you are visiting this beautiful part of the world

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chippenham
0.8 km away
5.9 km away
Bell House Hotel
Bell House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton Benger

Been to Diana Lodge B And B? Share your experiences!