“Fantastic experience”
Review of The Foxham Inn

The Foxham Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foxham Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We had booked the Foxham Inn as my son was playing rugby at nearby Chippenham. Unfortunately the rugby was cancelled but happily, the two hour journey from Dorset was made worthwhile by having lunch here. From start to finish the food and the service were excellent. The landlady was not panicked by us turning up early and she then proceeded to hand out games to keep the children occupied until the food arrived. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed their meal and as a vegetarian, the beer battered halloumi and chips made for a welcome change from a 'vegetable lasagne'. We made room for desert and these were excellent too. The landlady really went the extra mile for us- changing one dish around so it met my son's preference for non wet food, providing extra biscotti biscuits for those that didn't have coffee, and sending us home with some packets of biscuits. All in all a super lunch - just a shame we don't live a bit closer!

Neil C, Owner at The Foxham Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you for your very kind words, so glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Neil and Sarah Cooper

Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here before and have great memories so we thought we would go back again for a Saturday evening meal with friends.
When I made the booking I mentioned, as I usually do, that I am gluten and dairy intolerant. Usually this is noted but no more than that.
This place is something else! My usual choices from menus are made and then ingredients omitted and not replaced....not this fantastic restaurant. I can have mussels in a creamy cider sauce (the chef will use soya cream) It was delicious and reminded me of meals pre intolerances!
The main meal I had was calves liver, puy lentils, peas and onion marmalade which was the perfect combination of flavours and consistencies and made gluten free for me.
I very rarely have a dessert as there is only so much sorbet one can have BUT the wonderful chef that morning had made a gluten and dairy free apple and blueberry crumble! Well I just had to have that and it was amazing.
My partner and two friends really enjoyed their meals and compliments were made of all the meals. So a thoroughly recommended restaurant, swift service, friendly and helpful landlady and warm inside which was lovely in such a cold evening.
They take such good care of people with special diets that this has to be the place of choice if you are local or visiting around here.

1  Thank CoatHanger145

It's always a pleasure to go the extra mile for our guests.

So glad you had a good time and thank you for your very kind review

Neil and Sarah Cooper

Reviewed February 17, 2018

Stayed here whilst on business in Chippenham, very freindly, nice room, evening meal very good and breakfast was superb. Fresh local produce and homemade yogurt

1  Thank Dobbys-Mate
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Must haves are- the steak and kidney pie- get in early for the order only down side was my confit of duck was beautifully cooked but a little sloppy and a bit too salty for me.. Refreshing Orchard cider and interesting menu. No room fo pudding which was annoying due to the temptations on the dessert menu. Bigger room at rear but we sat in the window at the front. Plenty of parking around.

1  Thank Judith M
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is , I guess, frequented by regulars and those who love great food . It’s really off the beaten track . Great food and the Pinot Noir was particularly yum. Sarah the proprietor and her front office team were friendly . Highly recommend the beer battered haddock. Crisp batter with tender fish fillet, piping hot. I had the sticky pudding with Horlick ice cream for dessert- sinful