All reviews wedding breakfast tasting menu wedding reception lovely afternoon tea wedding venue bar menu exclusive use lovely hotel lovely setting new owners following morning evening meal cooked breakfast weekend break old building plenty of parking a lovely stay
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Had a lovely stay at this quite newly taken over hotel. the new owners have got an inspiring vision to aim for with all the right ethics. Growing their own food really impressed me. the building is so full of charm and beautifully decorated and clean. the staff are are a credit. Lovely touch being taken to my room and given a pack of homemade flapjack, which was yummy.
Bar and restaurant very pleasant and food gorgeous.
Had a walk around the grounds, very peaceful.
My room was spacious and immaculately clean with a brilliant wifi signal. My only criticism was the double bed was 2 single s together which would have been that little bit more comfortable had it had a mattress topper on. My room was above reception too which meant it was a little noisy when setting up for breakfast as the sound travelled straight up. This did however not spoil my stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Annielou11
Reviewed September 7, 2018

A quiet and quaint hotel set in a rural location, although literally next to the M4 so very convenient. Service and accommodation was of good quality and I'd use the hotel again. Felt the menu choice was limited and not even a salad present for the health conscious diner. Rooms are large, plenty of historical feeling about the hotel and a relaxed environment.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2018

A fabulous old building with interesting features and large grounds in a pretty village. Rooms and public areas are very clean and well presented. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank happytraveller849
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Visited on business. Plenty of parking and my room was quiet at night (room 8). WiFi was free and fine for emails, etc. I never got the chance to sample the bar offerings however inside and outside for drinks in the evening looked nice and chilled out. I had a choice of a shower or a bath so opted for the shower which did the job and plenty of hot water. The staff that I interacted with were quite a young team but were very proficient and attentive. I can imagine this place looks great on those cold dark winter evenings as well as those bright summer days. I look forward to my next visit!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2018

We thoroughly recommend this hotel. Stanton Manor is a typically quaint and interesting English country manor house converted into a hotel, with lovely grounds to match and in a very charming southern Cotswold village. Despite a very late arrival from the USA, the staff were very warm and welcoming. Our GPS struggled a bit locating the hotel, but once we sorted that out it was relatively easy to find and we had a very pleasant memory entering such an historic and typical English manor house. The full English breakfast was superb with good choices and attentive service. Dinner there was also a treat with an interesting menu selection.
The hotel is extremely well situated for a visit to that part of the Cotswolds, and to Bath, Stonehenge, Avebury (more interesting than Stonehenge), Salisbury, Lacock and other great sites in the area.
Our overall rating was 4 stars as our Standard room was extremely small with little place to put our suitcase, but that is the trade-off for an ensuite bathroom in areas that may have had shared baths many years ago. As we really came to the room only to sleep, this was not a problem as the bed was extremely comfortable, but those needing more space should consider a Superior room. And as the hotel practically fronts on to the M4 Motorway, traffic noise in the garden is intense though thankfully not really noticeable inside the building (or in our room).
It was great value for money and I would return and offer my strong recommendation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back and furthest from the M4 (and the bar and restuarant) are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
Sleeping_Bear_Hotels, Manager at Stanton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your time with us at Stanton Manor Hotel.

It is delightful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the brink of the Cotswolds, and a that our food exceeded your expectations; in particular our breakfast. I will be sure to pass this onto our breakfast chef who will only be encouraged.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Stanton Manor again in the future for more fond memories in the Cotswolds.

Kind regards