“Friendly Place”

Ranked #4 of 116 Restaurants in Chippenham
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Garden is an independent cafe, bar and grill restaurant that provides a relaxed garden themed environment to eat locally sourced, freshly cooked and homemade food. We pride ourselves on local produce and do all we can to keep things friendly, efficient and as green as possible.
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick coffee and cake. Unfortunately they only had carrot cake which I don't like but the coffee was top notch. Very friendly staff. Up to date decor and very clean toilets. Will come here again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

The Garden opened in Chippenham earlier this year and it was our first visit there, tempted inside by a nicely varied menu of lunchtime dishes, mostly with an interesting twist. So we tried the lamb-with-mint-burger and the boar-with-chorizo-burger, both of which were excellent, with sides of grilled vegetables and sweet potato fries. All were freshly prepared, well presented and delicious. The white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake was to die for, and the banoffee banana split good too. Portions were generous, while prices were modest. The informal and slightly quirky décor contributed to a lively and friendly atmosphere, while the staff, and particularly our waitress, were friendly, attentive, and clearly enjoyed their work. All in all an experience to be repeated at the earliest opportunity!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A lovely little cafe/restaurant to visit day or night. Fabulous home made food, very well thought out presentation of drinks and food. Great atmosphere and friendly staff. The chunky chips and homemade burger are yummy.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Fabulous welcome and extremely impressive presentation of coffee and cake. Time and care taken to make it a little bit special. Tiny kilner jar with lumps of brown and white sugar accompanied the coffee and the cake carefully placed on a doily. Both the cup of coffee and cake finally placed on a little board which had the cafe logo of a garden fork and trowel burnt into the corner. All in all, very impressive.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The decor inside is very nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the chairs are extremely hard even with the thin seat pads. No good for my bad back. My food was pre ordered as there was a group of us. The menu said it came with fries and pea shoots but when I didn't get these I was told the fish fillet burger didn't include those things. I didn't want to make a fuss as I was in good company. Also my fish was cooked to a crisp on the outside. Goodness knows what the chef did to it! However, everyone enjoyed the place and the food. I would return but I think I should take my own cushion. They have a good menu and it's the best little cafe in Chippenham I've visited.