All reviews full english the pub high standard campsite dartmoor furnishings england dog cornwall toilets pitches
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

6 of us who all chose different dishes and not a murmur of disapproval.
I had the wild mushroom rissoto which was excellent, followed by the Thai green curry, again very good and well presented. Couple of very small things mentioned by my fellow eaters , but nothing major.
So all in all a very good place to eat and of course a good selection of beers with friendly staff, well worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sonrichard
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my two nights here the belly pork was stunning breakfast was very nice. I had full English first morning porridge made with cream second morning.
Only complaint would be that the the signal wasn’t very good in room 3 and it kept loosing signal during England World Cup game. But I will be returning

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The campsite is very clean, the toilets and showers were good but the check-in was dissmal. We had been traveling for 7 hours on a very hot day and just wanted to get our tent up and to relax, but the staff on duty did not know how to check us in and we had to wait while the manager was 'getting dressed'. The young barman was polite even in the face of me being ill-humoured after waiting 30 minutes to check in. When the manager did come down there was no apology. Acknowledgement of the wait would have appeased me. The food in the restaurant was very nice, we enjoyed two meals there, shame they had run out of things at 7.30pm and we were told after we had ordered. The terrace is nice and very dog friendly. I had the feeling that the the staff were poorly trained and the managers were not overly friendly. The barrier is missing on the campsite entrance which made you feel that anyone could drive in and access your tent. The road is very fast and noisy, which could bother some people. It was not totally bad but all those factors added up that I would not recommend it or return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2018

Following several years of refurbishment, thankfully, the Dartmoor Halfway Inn has re-opened.

For people looking for a pub with a campsite, the Halfway Inn is the perfect spot. The pitches are wide, spacious and well maintained. The facilties are modern and clean and our pitch came with views of sheep grazing on a nearby hill.

The pub is interesting inside with various styles and the food and beer excellent.

The Halfway Inn is a great stopover on your way to and from Devon and Cornwall.

Room tip: We were camping.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

The place has been done up and does look very nice, but unfortunately that's as far as the good points go. Wrong drink brought over then when I went to the bar, was told to wait as she had to do an important order! Starters seem to take ages and £10 for sharing nachos was not worth the small amount we got. Before the starter dishes had been taken away the main meals come out. The food was very dry like it had been heated so hot it had taken any moisture out, although not burnt. Not sure I would rush back as it wasn't cheap.

Date of stay: May 2018