“Awesome Steak Pie”

Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I popped in today for high tea.
The steak pie was amazing followed by lemon meringue pie for me and toffee apple crumble for my wife.
Comfortable, well presented eatery with friendly, welcoming staff.
We love coming here and will be back again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

Finished our holiday in Callander with breakfast at the Old Bank. Everything was well cooked and portions very generous. Would definitely again

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Returned to the Old Bank restaurant again whilst visiting Callander on Monday, although they were very busy staff were very accommodating and as usual very friendly. As the main restaurant was full we were put in the side room which I was a bit sceptical about as thought we may be forgotten about as so busy next door, definitely not the case girls were very attentive. Great place.

Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for many years as we have a place at Loch Lomond. Went in today after driving to Callander to be greeted by a waitress who just said "we have no tables" and then walked away. There is another section to the left hand of the entrance that was completely empty and unused. Her attitude was really bad and will put me off returning again! Went across the road and they where full but did say that they could reserve us a table and we could come back in 30 mins completely different attitude. We ended up at Taste of the Trossachs opposite The Old Bank which was really nice and well worth a visit to anyone else who is simply pushed back out the door of the Old Bank. Sorry but you have lost a loyal customer of 5/6 years... very much doubt we will return in a hurry now!

1  Thank garethcia
Marion S, Owner at The Old Bank Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2016

I am so sorry you were disappointed when you came to visit us recently.
The day you visited was very busy and both sides of the restaurant were being used.
We have a bridge club uses our small room on a Monday at 2.45 and I can only assume the room was cleared in preparation for them.
This in no way condones the attitude of the waitress who should have explained this to you.
I can only apologise again

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Coffee an cake before return journey.was very good an staff are alwas friendly. Prices reasonable. And all home cooking /Baking.