“A fish called Morag”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Up here in the Gateway to the Highlands for this years Jazz 'n' Blues Festival Really only had spare time on Sunday the final night. This restaurant was directly opposite my hotel and as such was an easy choice. Went straight for thr mains jugular. Crispy cod fillet with a big helping of chips, bread and butter and a cup of tea. cost me £12.50. It was a delicious high quality fish experience. Unfortunately i have withheld a star for being charged £1 for Tartare Sauce which is usually complimentary with any fish meal. A small shop like frontage opens out to a much larger restaurant inside. Decor is spartan, no frills but quality is king. There is a varied menu to choose from with much mhor than fish on offer. Can get busy at peak times. A tad pricey but definitely worth treating yourself.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Dennis S

Reviewed September 28, 2018

Went here last sunday whilst on a trip had fish chips bread and butter and tea for two and i must say best fish and chips ive had in a long while 5 star off me

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

This used to be the first place I'd want to eat, when I went the fish was very much below the standard of previous visits, soggy batter and chips were very average

1  Thank peterdX1803KJ
Reviewed September 7, 2018

I ate alone while in Callander. I checked out all of the restaurants in town and thought I'd be the most comfortable at Mhor Fish. I was very pleased with the service and food. The fish & chips were excellent. In Canada. F & C always come with a bit of coleslaw on the plate. I missed that and didn't want to order a whole side dish. Lots of food!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018

So, having visited The Hollow Mountain and returned via Glencoe, we decided to stop in Callander for a bite to eat as we were a bit peckish!

We decided to go into Mhor Fish on the main street for a fish tea. Mhor Fish is owned by the family who own Monachyle Mhor restaurant near Balquhidder. Have to say the quality of the food was as we expected, excellent. I had the Cod fish tea and my better half had the Haddock tea. Both were freshly cooked as were the chips which were done in beeef dripping.

Good service, good food, just what was needed on a dreich Scottish day.