“Possibly the best Indian food I have ever eaten”
Review of The Taj - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Taj
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2012

My partner and I ate at taj last night. I can't fault the service(although a little quirky) the waiter was very friendly. My partner and I really enjoyed the food, I had chicken balti and I was abosolutey gorgeous. Just to add I am an impossible woman to please so I am a very happy customer !!

1  Thank Han4jus

Reviewed 24 October 2012

A good place to go for a quiet intimate meal. The food is really good so dont eat too many pappadums and dips to start with as you wont be able to finish the excellent food to follow! The service is excellent too - warm, friendly but you're left in peace to relax and enjoy.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

We walked past it one evening because there was only two diners there, but ended up going in the following night when the only alternative was a chippie. It was a really pleasant surprise. The food and drinks were really good value and the service was really amiable. I had the tikka main with my other half and they brought out the chicken sizzling on a metal griddle along with the sauce and rice etc. It was really tasty and we took up two tables. If you're in the Trossachs and need some curry, I think this is the best place to go. The restaurant itself is clean with plenty of space and nice pictures on the walls.

1  Thank Basgirl1
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Always worrying to see a quiet place, however don't be put off. Food here is very good. My palak was excellent. Great prices, excellent value for money. It's the highlands so don't expect Michelin star,however this is better than many Indian eateries I've been in. So try it out. Service is very friendly.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We had dinner here on two occassions.Both times the food was excellent.The athmosphere was very relaxing and the staff very helpfull.The decor was fresh and very clean.It was not expensive to eat there and even the wine list was reasonable.All in all a lovely time was had by all.We will return shortly for another helping.