“Comfortable upmarket cafe with fab food”

Cafe Circa at the Atrium
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe Circa at the Atrium is a smart table service licenced restaurant, newly refurbished and spacious with comfortable seating and couches. The relaxing warm dining room has a great ambiance and nice views of Ben Ledi and the Crags. The food is freshly prepared and cooked to order, gluten free dining is the norm not the exception. Our menu is small and seasonal, guaranteed fresh. We use quality meats from an award winning local butcher and fresh Scottish landed fish from award winning local fish monger. The Home baking is done in-house daily and won a Scottish baking award last year.
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious lunch here today. We had visited this cafe back in December for a coffee so decided to try out the food during a return visit to Callandar in June 2018. We both had the light lunch fish and chips and were impressed. Fresh haddock in a light crispy batter served with amazing home made chips chips. Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside! Probably the best fish and chips we've ever had! PS - The restaurant is on the upper floor of an upmarket clothing shop so it's easy to miss.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

There are a lot of great cafés in Callander but this isn’t one of them. The only good thing about it is the stunning atrium and comfortable decor. We were greeted by a dozy waiter who seemed surprised that at 3:30 in the afternoon we only wanted coffee and cake and not lunch. The selection of cakes on offer was limited and uninspiring. One of us had carrot cake, the other had a scone. Both items were well past their “best before” dates.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

My first visit and I was impressed. Good choice of drinks and cakes for the time that we were there (around 11:00) though they do have a more comprehensive menu I believe. I had the shortbread which were DIVINE! Probably the best I have ever had....
Nice calm atmosphere (no loud music) and a range of seating from sofas to chairs. All in all I loved it and will definitely call again when next in Callander.
Only negative (and I'm being picky)...no wi-fi, but hey you can't have everything!!

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

We just had coffee and cake here which was very good. Staff are lovely - very friendly. The cafe is on the second floor above a store. Millionaire shortbread was delicious!

Reviewed May 29, 2018

The breakfasts are to die for. Lovely decor,shop and amazing staff. Definitely worth a stop off. The scones and cakes looked fabulous too.