“Vegan Delight”

Deli Ecosse
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Callander
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Post Code fk17 8bl Next Door To The Rob Roy Centre Callander Scotland
Reviewed June 5, 2017

Good place to find something vegan to eat. I just had tea and cake but I'm sure there was more than that available.

This pace could easily be missed as you can only see the door way at the back of the square.

My only disappointment was that the weather wasn’t colder so that they would have had the large wood fire in the middle of the room alight. If that was the case I could see me sitting in the corner reading a book and enjoying the atmosphere .

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for a cuppa, tried the Praline latte which was a lovely coffee with a great balance of coffee and syrup. My sister had a hot chocolate which she loved as it came with only white marshmallows which are her faves. Prices reasonable and service very prompt and friendly overall a nice wee find.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

An Alladin's cave of a deli with wonderful local delicacies and different foods. The restaurant has an extensive breakfast and snack lunch menu using excellent local produce which creates very delicious meals. Be warned that the portions are on the generous side: the ploughman' salad had generous slices of four different cheeses with a large salad whilst the Wee One breakfast belied its name and was what I would describe as being a normal breakfast. All in all, a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

After reading the menu's of most of the restaurants on the main shopping street in Callander, we finally found one that catered for vegetarians and didn't just offer the usual macaroni cheese or baked potatoes. My daughter and I enjoyed a delicious vegetarian curry. Thank you Deli Ecosse for thinking out of the box.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

My wife and I had only just shortly arrived in Callander yesterday, and decided to have a snack to eat, before setting about on our sightseeing of the area for the day.
It can sometimes be a bit difficult for us finding somewhere to eat, as my wife is a coeliac. A local recommended a couple of places to us, this being one of them, so decided to give it a try.
The entrance to the café/deli is a bit different to what one would normally expect.
On entering, the deli part is to your right, in the middle and to the left is the café area, with the left section being raised.
The set up is - you select a table, choose from the menu, place your order at the counter, and then your order is brought to your table.
We each ordered a fried egg roll (my wife's being on a gluten free roll), I had a hot chocolate, whilst my wife had tea.
Our order arrived, the food and drinks were to our satisfaction, and service was okay.
Fairly quiet when we first entered, but fairly full by the time we left. We felt the tables and chairs were a bit close together, and as the cafe filled up, in our opinion it was a bit claustrophobic.

Date of visit: April 2017