All reviews hole golf course table tennis nature walk games room the cottages swimming pool widemouth bay on site cherry tree excellent facilities dishwasher and washing machine sky tv an update little extras perfect holiday private garden on arrival
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Had a great week in this cottage, had everything we needed, they put in all the little extras that you forget to take, staff were friendly and on hand if needed.
Close to the coastal path which is a lovely walk into bude and not to far to walk to the beach and pub. Will defo stay again in the future

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2018

We received such a warm welcome on arrival at the farm cottages. We were shown around the facilities which included swimming pool, badminton court, tennis court, gym, sauna and golf.
Everything was included in the cottage by way of cutlery and utensils even a food mixer.
Although the weather was very windy the view to the sea was breathtaking and having the living accommodation upstairs was perfect. The bedrooms were downstairs. The cottage was cosy and warm with all linen and towels included. It was extremely clean one of the best I have seen for a long time and all cleaning products were included even the dishwasher tablets.
I would have given a rating of 5 but just for a couple of things - the gym was not available and although this was on the website when we arrived it would have been polite to have informed us before departing as my son had taken all his gym clothes. Secondly, there is no mention on the website that the sauna is an extra cost and I feel that this should be mentioned. £2 for an hour was the cost and we could not see how you stop someone else coming in as one should not spend an hour at a time in the sauna.
We will definitely return to this location. Although a little remote on the top of a hill, Widemouth Bay is approx. 1 mile away where there is the beautiful coastal walk and the pubs are 1.5miles away.

Room Tip: Dizzard is pet free and there are other cottages that are pet free but several others that do include pets.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2017

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights in mid November, our cottage was lovely, and clean, and the view from the cottage great, as in the distance we could see the sea and surrounding fields were comforting and relaxing to the eye. I can see why the surfers like this place, watch out for the wind! I can promise you it wasn't just the local ale!. We ventured to the games room, and played skittles and table tennis. Before daring our selves to jump in the indoor pool!, but it was pleasantly warm, my toe told me so! In peak season this would be ideal for families, but i suspect driving & parking would be a nightmare, in and around the area. The games room and equipment could do with a little TLC, if not upgrading completely, after all you are paying for the privilege. TLC more from users point, rather then the owners. Not bad, value wise, but then it was November.

Room Tip: All rooms in the cottages are nice some more basic then other.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2017

A BRILLIANT week at KENNACOTT HOUSE! Family group of ten aged 3years to 74years and a spotty Dalmatian and all had a TERRIFIC time. House was HUGE plenty of space for everyone and massive, secure garden for the children and dog to play.
Conservatory was a popular place to gather and caught the sunshine all day - Dining room was well appointed and it was great to sit for breakfast together and plan our day. Kitchen had all mod cons though we struggled with the AGA - an hour fro fries and fish fingers - we must have been doing something wrong!
Barbeque area was well used despite it being October. Games barn had more opportunities for leisure pursuits than we'd ever had anywhere else - skittles, pool and table tennis - things you don't do every day. Soft play room for the children was a "must" every day after days out - lovely toys and opportunities for imaginative play. Snooker room brought out the guys competitive spirit and chance to play on a full sized table is rare these days. Indoor Swimming pool was amazing - everyone loved to go there every day for a wind down every day.
Lots of places to visit close by - we filled every single day on/off site - we will be going back. Kennacott Court had it all!!

Room Tip: AGA was painfully slow. I saw that the house was booked over Christmas - no way could you cook or even FIT a turkey in there. We ate out or had takeaways all week - but that's no bad thing.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 1, 2017

I recently stayed atKennacott Court with my partner. We had previously visited in 2015 where we stayed in Sandymouth and wished to go back because we enjoyed the experience so much. This occasion we stayed in Duckpool cottage which was of high standard of cleanliness. The grounds are simply amazing, with an indoor heated pool, golf course, lots of external BBQ's, tennis and badminton courts, and a games room with Sky TV.

The grounds appear to be under new ownership and my experience was that the new owners are very switched on. My only complaints would be very minor and they didn't really detract from the overall experience (the WIFI coverage is poor and needs renewing, and the cottages utilise a collection of VHS tapes - these should be DVD's in this day & age). The cottages are in an ideal location, close to Tintagel and Boscastle but also in an area that's fairly quiet and away from it all.

I would happily revisit Kennacott.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven H
Kennacott_Team, Guest Relations Manager at Kennacott Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Steven H,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Each feedback is important to us as it helps us to improve.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. WiFi-issues and VHS are indeed something we have inherited and we are looking into replacing the nostalgia with the modern and ways how to get the WiFi to a better quality.

We hope to welcome you back soon at Kennacott Court. Please do keep an eye on our website for our latest offers.

Best Wishes,