“The best B&B we have ever stayed in”
Review of Little Heathers

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
Little Heathers
Ranked #4 of 31 Brockenhurst B&B and Inns
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“The best B&B we have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We have just returned from a fabulous 2 night stay at Little Heathers. Wendy and Paul could not have done more for us. We were made to feel more like friends than strangers. Our room was very comfortable and clean and beautifully decorated. The food was delicious and plentiful. Not only did we enjoy 2 enormous breakfasts but Wendy provided a cream tea and sandwiches for our journey home. Not only that, Paul gave us a lift to the station, We would thoroughly recommend this B&B. Jim and Helena Bradbury

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank James B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My boyfriend and I were immediately overjoyed with Little Heathers. The house is wonderfully and newly decorated, our room was spacious, immaculate and the shower was fabulous! We were taken care of from the moment we arrived - Wendy offered us tea and scones, while Paul helped us take our bicycles off the car and allowed us to keep them in their garage. We were given a free upgrade due to a double booking which we were thrilled about. Wendy gave us a lift to the nearby wedding reception of our friends and the next day Paul and Wendy helped us prepare for our bike ride around the New Forest. They even lent us a bike pump! The breakfast was wonderful - a huge bowl of the best fresh fruit, a lovely selection of cereals, cold meats, cheese, nuts, yogurts, and all finished off with an incredible hot english breakfast. Needless to say we were stuffed and extremely satisfied! Wendy even went to the lengths of trying to find gluten-free bread for me at the local stores. Paul and Wendy did everything they possibly could have to make us feel welcomed, relaxed and extremely well looked after! We will certainly be recommended this B&B to our friends. I would definitely suggest staying here if you are visiting the New Forest!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura d
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Mirco and myself loved the place the minute we arrived: we had an amazing welcome with delicious home-made scones. The place was immaculated and stylish in this nice and quiet house. All was perfect, and we could even discussed with Paul and Wendy who were kind and friendly. A 5 stars recommanded Bed and Breakfast !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Wendy and Paul could not possibly have made us more welcome and comfortable. I had said in advance that we would like vegan food and Wendy plied us with an amazing array of fresh fruit salad, hot fruit compotes, warm grapefruit topped with melted brown sugar, vegan cereals and bread and a sumptuous cooked breakfast of vegan sausages and various delicacies, to say nothing of vegan biscuits in our room and vegan cake in the afternoon! We were stunned. She is clearly very adaptable and I imagine this is far from her entire range of vegan foods. Book with confidence!

Room Tip: We prefer the garden room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have just returned from a fabulous, but challenging cycling weekend in the New Forrest. I stayed at Little Heathers with a friend for two nights and we were thoroughly spoilt from the minute we arrived. Wendy greeted us with cream tea for not just the two of us, but also for our friend who was dropping us off. Our room was cosy, comfortable, clean, turned down daily and the chocolates on the pillow were a real treat after hours on the bike in the rain.
Wendy laid on the most amazing breakfast (at 6.15am) before we set off for our cycle; not every B&B would have been as accommodating.
We were also able to store our bikes in their garage overnight which was a real bonus.
I highly recommend this B&B.
Thank you Wendy and Paul for your hospitality.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We recently had four members of our Spanish family over to stay for the first time in the new forest. Wendy and Paul have recently taken over the running of litte heathers and what an amazing job they've done
Wendy and Paul couldn't of givern them a better impression of how warm and welcome English people could be.
The breakfast was outstanding and filled up the our guests for most of the day, they couldn't describe how amazing the breakfast was, the only word used was incrediable. The small details that Wendy and Paul put in really made there stay, such as turning down the beds before they went back to the b&b and the kit kats (lol) provided with the coffee and tea facilities in each room.
Our Spanish guests felt so at home something which is hard to achieve. Would recommend anyone staying in the new forest to stay here. Wendy and Paul will make you feel like long lost friends

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Lizzi_loo1988
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I agree with what others have written about Maria - she is charming, helpful, obliging and her freshly chopped fruit in a sundae glass for breakfast a sensation. I was also extremely glad to have found Little Heathers as I was having problems booking a B&B in Brockenhurst. The price was spot on too. I liked the little treats on the tea/coffee tray, including hot chocolate (not to mention the chocolate bar/biscuits). She also loaned me a bicycle, which was much appreciated.

The room itself was on the small side with nowhere to put my bags, although it did have a desk. The shower cubicle was tiny and the water pressure was poor but it got the job done. As I believe is typical in the area, there was a macerator on the toilet and it can be noisy (but only after flushing or when water ran into the drain from the basin). Something that bothered me was the layer of dust on the carpet around the edge of the room. Maria keeps everything else so spotless that I couldn't understand it. Maybe she's lost the corner attachment for her vacuum cleaner.

The reason I've marked sleep quality as average was due to the glass panel above the door of the room, which let light in from the hallway and the room was never dark enough for me. Surprisingly, the chickens didn't wake me and they are right in the front yard. Obviously they're well trained to not disturb guests.

The thing I really didn't like was walking to/from dinner. It is about a 15 minute walk to the high street and it is pitch black when the sun goes down (and I mean PITCH black). I was given a torch but it didn't light up much more than a metre around me, which makes dodging pony droppings and ponies a challenge. Possibly I'm just a chicken but I wished I'd gotten a taxi to drive me back to the B&B.

These gripes aside, it was a good place to stay, no stairs to tackle with luggage, fantastic host and the New Forest is lovely to explore, so you're not in your room that much.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ZenTourist
QueenBeeBrockenhurst, Owner at Little Heathers, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We (Wendy and Paul) have just taken over the 'Little Heathers' guest house in Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park and have just had two excellent reviews. We have taken on board totally every comment made by this valued guest which resulted in us withdrawing that bedroom from letting completely as we agree it was too small, poor shower water pressure, noisy toilet maserator, skylight over the door preventing proper sleep due to light from the corridor etc. Everywhere is refurbished and we have ensured that the remaining bedrooms do not suffer from any of the problems found by this guest, including removal of the above the door skylights from those bedrooms too. Thank you for your comments which helped to ensure we got off to a positive start as can be seen from the other reviews received since.

Thanks

Paul and Wendy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
1.2 km away
5.7 km away
The Crown Manor House Hotel
1.9 km away
Daisybank Cottage Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to Little Heathers? Share your experiences!