We stayed here with our 1yo son for a night this week and we had an absolutely fantastic time. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hotel has a lovely atmosphere.
The decor is fairly traditional, especially in the original manor house, but the whole thing has a lovely homely feel. The food was good and even though we were the only ones with a child, they were very happy to accommodate (heating up baby food, supplying plastic bowls etc).
The spa is fantastic. We did not have any treatments but we lazed in the pool which is very modern, warm and clean and has views directly over forest pasture land so you can see deer and ponies from the water! There is also an outdoor hot tub.
The location is peaceful, at the end of a track, just off the Lyndhurst - Brockenhurst road and the views from the hotel are stunning.
I have to say, we stayed in one of the more expensive rooms in the manor house, so I cannot comment on the eves rooms that are mentioned in previous reviews. I guess you get what you pay for.
We are very much looking forward to a return visit soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family and dog friendly spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 25 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Muntjac our signature Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, UK - New Forest