“Home from home where you feel Lord and Lady of the Manor”

Rhinefield House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Rhinefield and the 3rd Hand Picked hotel we have been to. We enjoyed a wonderful two nights at the hotel which is located right in the middle of the New Forest from where you can go on long walks. The architecture of the hotel is splendid with beautiful grounds including ponds full of fish, fountains and an outdoor pool in the summer. The interior decoration is fantastic with stunning dining rooms. The service from all of the staff was exceptional - of particular mention was the restaurant manager who was very attentive, friendly and showed real interest in our stay. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease three months ago and this was the first time I have stayed away from home needing to eat gluten free. The catering staff at Rhinefield made this a comfortable and easy experience. I felt everyone understood the menu well and could tell me which dishes included gluten and therefore to avoid. I did not feel I had missed out as all of the food was delicious and I could have gluten free bread and canapés. I just wish everywhere could be as clued up on gluten free as Rhinefield. We stayed in the Junior Suite which has an amazing bathroom. We left Rhinefield with our batteries fully recharged!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue D
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Understanding and catering for our guest’s needs and expectations is paramount to our success at Rhinefield House. It is always reassuring to note that the team ensured your stay was comfortable and relaxing and that your dietary requirements were met without you feeling you received a substituted dish. Silvi has recently been promoted to Restaurant manager excelling with his new position. I was pleased to read you found all the team members service exceptional and that your batteries are now fully charged!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

There are newer reviews for Rhinefield House Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My wife and I chose Rhinefield house for our honeymoon late feb 2012. We arrived with our 21month old daughter to a very warm welcome and our bags taken to our room.

we had the winter offer which included dinner and breakfast. We couldn't believe the fantastic value!! breakfast was excellent and the Grill was superb. Super friendly staff from reception through to chamber maids (thanks Karolina and Ilene).

You couldn't be deeper into the new forest than Rhinefield. Beautiful grounds too.

Can't wait to go back !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor.

Our winter offer does offer very good value with dinner included along with our traditional Full English breakfast. I was pleased to read that both Karolina and Ilene received speacil mention along with the team in general. I will convey your kind words to them both.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights end of Feb 2012. We had a wonderful time the hotel is in the centre of the Forest with easy access to local New Forest towns. The hotel itself is very impressive building set in beautiful grounds. We were in the main building which was lovely however our room was rather tired. That said the hotel were in the process of refurbishing the rooms and so hopefully they will all be refreshed soon.
On the whole Staff were extremely friendly however on check in there was limited information provided for example where breakfast was served and the spa facilities.
Over all we had a lovely couple of days.

Room Tip: Check to see if the room you are booking has been upgraded with the refurbishment programme.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

The hotel is well situated for exploring the New Forest and local towns and villages.

Our refurbishment programme is due to be completed in April of this year, however we are conscious of ensuring that no guests are affected by these works and therefore are only completing 4 bedrooms at a time. Guests are generally not aware that we are refurbishing our bedrooms other than a couple of notices.

I will ensure your praise for the team is conveyed and I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Recently stayed for two nights and had a great time. The staff were very friendly, helpful and always had a smile!! The hotel and grounds are magnificent, the food superb and the health spa very relaxing.
very impressed and will certainly return soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

The team were extremely pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that you will certainly return.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My and my boyfriend recently visited the Rhinefield house hotel, it is a beautiful hotel and is very relaxng.

The rooms are spacious and have lovely big comfy beds and lovely well equiped bathrooms with a towel rail that is always piping hot!!!

We didnt eat in the hotel resturant for dinner but we had a lounge snack which was good and breakfast was delicious on all three mornings! The breakfast menu offers a range of choices and of course the full english. Room service for breakfast has no charge which in our eyes was BRILLIANT as there was no need rush to get ready in the morning!

The spa is really relaxing all in mood lighting with a spa pool, a small swimming pool sauna and steam room. Whenever we vistited the spa it was always quiet and children can only swim between certain times. We also had a couple of treatments a neck back and shoulder massage which was brilliant and a sea salt scrub which left you silky smooth. Becky was the therapist and she was very friendly and welcoming!!!

All the staff at Rhinefield were friendly and interested in the day you have had. Me and my boyfriend got engaged whilst we were at the hotel and the staff were helpful and we even recieved a bottle of champagne!

A lovely, beautiful, relaxing, friendly hotel! We will be going back!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest

May I firstly convey on behalf of Rhinefield House our many congratulations on getting engaged at the hotel.

I was pleased to read that all aspects of your stay were excellent and that you enjoyed your treatments in the Spa. Becky is our senior therapist and since joining the team has received numerous compliments about her manner and treatments.

I know from speaking to the team that they were keen to ensure everything was perfect for the proposal and going that little bit extra to make your stay so perfect gave them great pleasure.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House and who knows maybe for the wedding!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights and had a lovely time.
All the staff were very friendly and attentive, room was lovely – huge! and overlooked the forest. Loved the Do not disturb animals, they look so funny as you walk along the corridors – what a great idea!
We ate in their main restaurant for our first night – and wow fantastic food. Whilst the wine prices were a little steep we had a very relaxing evening with waiters in no hurry to move you along and the best tasting food too.
The second evening we asked if reception could recommend a pub nearby, they couldn’t do enough for us, suggesting somewhere, phoning to check availability for us and then booking us a table after we said yes please. Really really helpful.
Great walks from this hotel, and reasonable Spa for a dip afterwards.
We will be returning as the cream teas looked amazing, so any excuse to visit to try them when the sun shines so we can sit in their fab garden chilling out!

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

Our new additions to the family for Do Not Disturb signs are proving to be a huge success and yes to see Hedgehogs, Fowls, Squirrels all lined up outside doors is very comical!

I was very pleased to read that the team were friendly and attentive and that you felt totally relaxed and never rushed during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House to enjoy one of our amazing cream teas and hopefully plenty of sunshine!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Wonderful wedding venue, very friendly helpful staff especially the MC who was on the doorstep greeting guests as they arrived and who provided a particularly warm and individual service throughout. The room was excellent - nice touch to have names instead of numbers - however the shower seemed unable to keep a constant temperature which was a shock when it suddenly went cold! The food at the reception was fabulous and very professionally served. My only negative observation was the breakfast the following morning - the food was good but certain items ran out when most of the guests arrived at the same time and it took some time to replenish the hot food. The staff coped as well as they could but I feel more of them were needed for that short time. All in all, a great weekend!

Room Tip: Our room named Redshank has a lovely view into the woods although I expect all the rooms have fabulo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review following your wedding at Rhinefield House Hotel. Congratulations to you both.
I was very pleased to read your enjoyed stay and that your wedding day was ‘Wonderful’ Our Toast Masters do indeed complement the day with their experience and humour! I will certainly have a look at the water temperature in your bathroom and pass on your very kind comments to all the team.
I look forward to maybe welcoming you back on your anniversary when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
10.3 km away
Montagu Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Beaulieu
10.8 km away
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to Rhinefield House Hotel? Share your experiences!