We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at Rhinefield House and had an enjoyable, relaxing experience. We couldn't fault the room, it ticked every box - luxurious, comfortable and included every amenity needed. The setting of the hotel is also fantastic and we enjoyed walking through the grounds, hiring bikes and getting out into the New Forest and also driving down to the nearby beaches. Every member of staff we encountered at the hotel - from the reception, to the restaurant, the spa, the cleaners were all lovely, helpful and friendly and went out of their way to speak to us. This is definitely a big plus point at this hotel as there were a couple of small mistakes made (my husband was served the wrong starter at dinner the first night, twice we had to chase up a pot of tea at breakfast in the morning) however, these issues were dealt with well by the staff so did not cause any lasting negativity for us.
I have given 4 stars rather than 5 because there are a couple of areas the hotel could improve further. Firstly, we were a bit shocked by the drinks' prices, i know they are always going to be more expensive in a hotel but a G&T, for example, or the cheapest glass of wine were double the price of the local pubs which we found excessive. As a result, we just didn't drink very much which was a shame as we normally like to relax with a bottle of wine over dinner. We have stayed at another Hand Picked Hotel for a wedding previously and encountered exactly the same issue, in fact I heard another guest that time who planned to frame his bar receipt as he couldn't believe he had been charged so much for a round!
The second area for improvement, just a minor point, as the cooked breakfasts were great but the continental breakfast offering had little left except cereal if you came down too late. One morning when it was quiet I was able to take advantage of the fresh fruit and pastries but the other mornings there was nothing left.
However, overall we enjoyed our mini break and would recommend this hotel as long as you are prepared for the drinks prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a magical secret, Rhinefield House is located deep within the New Forest National Park. Step inside and the aura of magic simply deepens - and nowhere more spectacularly than in the Alhambra Room, bedecked in glittering jewels. With beautiful surroundings and a blend of Tudor and Gothic architecture, Rhinefield is the most perfect fairytale wedding venue. It is also the ideal setting for an indulgent break and an inspiring conference venue for meetings, team building or product launches. Downtime means the chance to take in the great outdoors we have on our doorstep, whether its pony trekking, long walks in the forest or a day trip to the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rhinefield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst, UK - New Forest
- Rhinefield Hotel Brockenhurst