“Lovely hotel, great setting and superb staff”

Rhinefield House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great setting and superb staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at Rhinefield House and had an enjoyable, relaxing experience. We couldn't fault the room, it ticked every box - luxurious, comfortable and included every amenity needed. The setting of the hotel is also fantastic and we enjoyed walking through the grounds, hiring bikes and getting out into the New Forest and also driving down to the nearby beaches. Every member of staff we encountered at the hotel - from the reception, to the restaurant, the spa, the cleaners were all lovely, helpful and friendly and went out of their way to speak to us. This is definitely a big plus point at this hotel as there were a couple of small mistakes made (my husband was served the wrong starter at dinner the first night, twice we had to chase up a pot of tea at breakfast in the morning) however, these issues were dealt with well by the staff so did not cause any lasting negativity for us.

I have given 4 stars rather than 5 because there are a couple of areas the hotel could improve further. Firstly, we were a bit shocked by the drinks' prices, i know they are always going to be more expensive in a hotel but a G&T, for example, or the cheapest glass of wine were double the price of the local pubs which we found excessive. As a result, we just didn't drink very much which was a shame as we normally like to relax with a bottle of wine over dinner. We have stayed at another Hand Picked Hotel for a wedding previously and encountered exactly the same issue, in fact I heard another guest that time who planned to frame his bar receipt as he couldn't believe he had been charged so much for a round!
The second area for improvement, just a minor point, as the cooked breakfasts were great but the continental breakfast offering had little left except cereal if you came down too late. One morning when it was quiet I was able to take advantage of the fresh fruit and pastries but the other mornings there was nothing left.
However, overall we enjoyed our mini break and would recommend this hotel as long as you are prepared for the drinks prices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hellcat66
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your taking the time to post a constructive review on Trip Advisor.

I was so pleased to learn that most aspects of your stay were very good and when on the odd occasion the team made a mistake this was rectified promptly.

Our spirits are served in 35ml measures which are larger that those traditional found in pubs and other restaurants this can on occasions if not explained correctly give an impression of expensive drinks. I was disappointed that you did not stay within the lounges and relax because of this.

I will be speaking later today with my head chef Norman and my restaurant manager Silvi to establish our best practice for the buffet display as I have previously stated Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Overall a great overnight stay. The staff were all excellent,really welcoming and friendly. The hotel room was a fair size, with a great bed. We ate in the grill room and overall the meal was also very good.
The location means there are great walks nearby and the hotel itself is lovely. They do appear to be renovating some of the rooms as there were some builders in next door to us but wasn't an inconveniene

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you found the team, food and your bedroom to be excellent and that you sampled many of the fantastic walks around the forest. We are indeed refurbishing at this moment with approx 3 weeks to go when our new residents lounge will be unveiled. Naturally I was glad to read this did not impact on your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the New Forest and Rhinefield House in the near future.

Croydon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had great time and were able to relax, saviour excellent food at the restaurant.
The hotel is 4 star and we had the best time ever.
The staff of the hotel is friendly, helpful, smiling- it makes a world of difference.
Rooms a spacious, fresh with a good quality beds.
We will be definitely going back for another girls pampered weekend away.

Room Tip: First floor room had two huge windows, with the great views of the forest.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was really pleased to read you enjoyed your ‘Girls Pamper Weekend’ and that you will definitely be returning. As previously commented it is the team at Rhinefield which certainly enhance and make the hotel a success. I will certainly convey your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House when I can assure you of the very best attention.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Excellent service,friendly staff, stunning hotel , highly recommended

• Stayed March 2012
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the New Forest in the near future

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I have recently just returned from a 3 night stay at Rhinefield House. This included 2 nights at a rate that included dinner, champagne and canopes and one night special wedding rate as we were attending a wedding. I think this hotel is fantastic, the impressive drive through the forest and along the long drive up to a very grand building is a great indication of what we can expect at this grand hotel. Having read a few reviews on here that were less than favourable I was slightly worred but I need not have been. The room was fab , the bed very comfortable with loads of pillows, lovely products in the bathroom, a fab flat screen tv, everything you could want. You can order fresh milk for your coffee to the room and this was delivered within a few minutes. Nothing was too much for the staff who were lovely, breakfast was fantastic with loads and loads of coffee, fab, made to order, choices and unlimited hot toast. Our first night included dinner and we enjoyed a very good meal in the Grill Room choosing a lovely wine from the extensive list. The wedding too was amazing, the food excellent and nothing was too much for the lovely staff. Rhinefield House is in a great location to explore the New Forest adn we enjoyed really good meals at the Crown and Stirrup (highly recommend the duck egg scotch egg), and the Oak Inn at Bank. I would not hesitate to revisit Rhinefield House.

Dear Guest

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Rhinefield House.

I was delighted to read about your stay and that you found the hotel to be fantastic. The team at Rhinefield I believe make the hotel great and to read that you felt nothing was too much trouble for the team is very reassuring.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Rhinefield and the 3rd Hand Picked hotel we have been to. We enjoyed a wonderful two nights at the hotel which is located right in the middle of the New Forest from where you can go on long walks. The architecture of the hotel is splendid with beautiful grounds including ponds full of fish, fountains and an outdoor pool in the summer. The interior decoration is fantastic with stunning dining rooms. The service from all of the staff was exceptional - of particular mention was the restaurant manager who was very attentive, friendly and showed real interest in our stay. I was diagnosed with coeliac disease three months ago and this was the first time I have stayed away from home needing to eat gluten free. The catering staff at Rhinefield made this a comfortable and easy experience. I felt everyone understood the menu well and could tell me which dishes included gluten and therefore to avoid. I did not feel I had missed out as all of the food was delicious and I could have gluten free bread and canapés. I just wish everywhere could be as clued up on gluten free as Rhinefield. We stayed in the Junior Suite which has an amazing bathroom. We left Rhinefield with our batteries fully recharged!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue D
JonathanOwen, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Understanding and catering for our guest’s needs and expectations is paramount to our success at Rhinefield House. It is always reassuring to note that the team ensured your stay was comfortable and relaxing and that your dietary requirements were met without you feeling you received a substituted dish. Silvi has recently been promoted to Restaurant manager excelling with his new position. I was pleased to read you found all the team members service exceptional and that your batteries are now fully charged!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

My wife and I chose Rhinefield house for our honeymoon late feb 2012. We arrived with our 21month old daughter to a very warm welcome and our bags taken to our room.

we had the winter offer which included dinner and breakfast. We couldn't believe the fantastic value!! breakfast was excellent and the Grill was superb. Super friendly staff from reception through to chamber maids (thanks Karolina and Ilene).

You couldn't be deeper into the new forest than Rhinefield. Beautiful grounds too.

Can't wait to go back !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor.

Our winter offer does offer very good value with dinner included along with our traditional Full English breakfast. I was pleased to read that both Karolina and Ilene received speacil mention along with the team in general. I will convey your kind words to them both.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield House in the near future.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
10.3 km away
9.0 km away
The Beaulieu Hotel
The Beaulieu Hotel
#2 of 3 in Beaulieu

Been to Rhinefield House Hotel? Share your experiences!