“Family lunch”

Brewers Fayre Bideford
Ranked #62 of 152 Restaurants in Bideford
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Description: Why not come to Bideford Brewers Fayre for a hearty breakfast to start your day before adventuring to the local attractions from the harbour, Panniers Market or see if you can spy an otter on the River Torridge. After a day of Devon adventures, treat yourself to a delicious dinner, our menu of freshly cooked pub classics, served up in generous portions by our friendly team
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday afternoon, a great selection on the menu and a generous Sunday carvery. My only criticism is that we waited over half an hour for our meals. The waitress was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The first time we tried to get a table we were rudely turned away by a woman and the restaurant was empty! Second we booked in advanced and watched others get turned away from an empty restaurant. The food I had was swimming in grease and it made me feel sick. My mother has brown potatoes, my dads order was wrong and my cousin had warm cold-slaw. The food was not good at all.

1  Thank Sabrina D
Reviewed August 30, 2018

Went for lunch today, we had two mains, two drinks and two desserts for under £20. Our server was Beth, who was lovely, pleasant and very helpful. I had the burger with cheese and mushrooms which was really tasty and my partner had chilli, which was nice and hot with the added fresh chillies. To finish we had the apple betty and chocolate brownie, a real bargain at only £1.99 each because we had the two daytime value meals. Another great lunch.

1  Thank SteffieJT
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Maybe we just picked a bad day but the food certainly wasnt as good as it has been on our previous visits. The kids fish nuggets tasted nothing like fish and were cold and slimy. The mash was solid and the ice cream sundaes were nothing like described on the menu, 2 scoops of sorbet and a pineapple ring wasn't exactly what we were expecting. The bar staff were miserable, when I asked for a pitcher of one of the mocktails I was bluntly told no i don't have the ingredients. Next time we are in the area we will give this place a miss and go to one of the many other better restaurants around.

2  Thank Serendipidus2013
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Last minute boooing for ten, the place was very busy but they put a table together for us in 2 minutes. Really tasty hot Buffett and the friendly team where working so hard to keep all the food replenished clean and tidy. Excellent experience would highly recommend.