All reviews self drive coach trip gb tours large hotel coach party bus stop breakfast and evening meal meal times bath shower very pleasant stay cooked breakfast twin room great weekend weekend break north devon full english ballroom
Reviewed October 26, 2015

Went for a meal for a friends birthday,very reasonably priced and good value for money.staff helpful and friendly, will certainly return. Hoping to try out the dinner dance during december, again reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed October 20, 2015

Booked one night whilst in the area on business. They had no single rooms but upgraded me to a double. The cost was £45 including breakfast. The room was huge with a sofa table and chair, proper ironing board and iron. All the staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. The food I had in the bar was very tasty and very reasonably priced. I slept soundly in the very comfy bed and in the morning my cooked breakfast was freshly made and beautifully cooked. This hotel was a refreshing change from the dull premier inns I normally stay in ( at much higher cost) I will definitely stay here when I am in the area again 10/10

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 18, 2015

Just returned from 4 night coach holiday.Yes the hotel could do with some refurbishment and there was a nasty smell at times from plumbing in room 142.Overall the room was comfortable,clean and warm.The dining staff are brilliant,we were a hungry table and frequently asked for more veg and we had more,,no probs,just ask.Food is very good.Thankyou all for making our stay a good one.

Stayed: October 2015
3  Thank grayser579
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Very friendly staff (with one exception - the restaurant manager). We arrived very early and the night porter made us a hot drink while we waited for the dawn! They got our room as early as possible BUT the mattress was so hard. Room was nice, lovely shower. We explained the problem and the hotel was full but they changed our room. Not quite as nice and shower was tiny (but effective). Hand basin was so high I could just about brush my teeth. Lovely big towels. Toiletries a bit cheap and nasty but ok if you have forgotten yours. We went for a reunion and the buffet on Sunday night was amazingly good. I mean really really good. Sunday lunch was a disaster! We waited over an hour for meals that had been prebooked and paid for. Not that good when it arrived either. So called Sunday roast. Do not bother. Curry from the bar was very good. Rooms were clean except on our last night when the bathroom was not serviced.

Decent breakfast as part of the group, we stayed on and the breakfast for "individual" bookings in a different room was much more extensive. The "chef" needs to learn how to fry eggs! I kept sending them back because I like the yolk soft for dipping and all the white cooked. I hate it snotty or sunny side up. One day it took three times to achieve an edible (in my opinion) egg.

Room Tip: The rooms are very individual A little tired but they are gradually sprucing it up. Staff are generally lovely, helpful and friendly.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hypnojo
Reviewed October 13, 2015

I really wonder sometimes what people expect for their money! If you want five star treatment, pay five star money! This hotel, for what you pay is fantastic value. Our room 245 was excellent, large with a sofa, new bathroom, flat screen TV, iron and ironing board. The food was great, staff lovely and entertainment good. The location is five minutes from Bideford and the bus stops just outside. We stayed six nights and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends