All reviews self drive coach trip gb tours large hotel waiting staff bus stop breakfast and evening meal meal times kippers bath shower very pleasant stay cooked breakfast twin room great weekend weekend break north devon sunday lunch
Reviewed February 22, 2016

We stayed at this hotel through a Majestic Self Drive holiday and it was very good value for money. Our room was spacious, the bathroom clean and modern and the food good. They provide you with a kettle, tea and coffee in your room, however only enough milk to make 2 cups of tea. When we went to reception to ask for more we were charged 5p/pot (we needed 2 pots for each cup of tea). I have stayed in many different hotels and I have never been asked to pay for extra milk! This seemed very penny pinching and although only a small think it did not give a good impression on the hotel,

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pear1
Reviewed February 20, 2016

Excellent value for the money we paid.Choice of four options for each sitting in the evening,starter main meal and desert which you selected and ordered in the morning. Cooked breakfast order taken when you arrived at your table ,cereals toast and fruit juice etc was self service.I cannot fault the staff nothing was to much trouble,very good at there job.Myfriends and I stayed in a triple room which was clean and tidy,our only complaint was there was an unpleasant order in the bathroom of which we should have reported but we just kept the door closed .I will be calling them regarding this to make them aware.Bus service excellent right outside of the hotel.To conclude would definatly go there again.Holiday completed by the wonderful people we shared our table with .

Room Tip: First floor
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taunton2016
Reviewed February 19, 2016

Stayed at this hotel over the valentines weekend for a Masonic ladies festival. We arrived early and was welcomed by a very friendly receptionist, our room was rowdy so we went straight into it. The room was spotlessly clean and and all we wanted Tea and coffe making facilities even an iron and ironing board. The bar snacks were very nice and the beer was good too. The four course meal at the ladies festival was pipping hot and was plentiful. The breakfast the following morning was just as good and made fresh to order. All in all and very nice stay. One thing I would say that lets the place down is the dirty signs on the road side. But once inside completely different.minwould definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with my family. Looked at 3 rooms before we settled on one. Each had some problems. Essentially this hotel needs some serious investment and a basic maintenance schedule. If missing carpet and thick black mould in the rooms is acceptable to you then this is the place to go. I will certainly not be staying again. We tried bringing our concerns up with the manager but sadly he was too busy to talk to us as he was doubling up as a waiter in the restaurant. When we did catch up all he could say was thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I understand that people have different expectations. I like to think I review fairly. All I hope is that people check out the photos I have uploaded. At first I thought the silicone in the bathroom was black then I realised it was all mould and the mould was so bad that it spanned the wall to the taps. The bin looked like it had been kicked in. The water feature was made up of soil pipe with only 1 remaining fish still alive. The back of the hotel had missing fence panels and old discarded furniture in it.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank pikesteve
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Durrant hotel in bideford, Devon. The hotel was clean, the food good and waiter's and waitresses very good at their job and friendly. There was entertainment on the three nights we were there too. It's not a 5 star hotel but has all the qualities you need in my opinion. I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends