“Summer lunch”

The Westwood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Westwood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 152 Restaurants in Beverley
Price range: US$24 - US$74
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The restaurant is a 10 minute walk from Beverley Train station or a 5 minute walk from the bus station. Taxis are readily available from the train station.
Description: Since opening in 2007, twins Matthew and Michele Barker, the partnership and passion behind The Westwood Restaurant, focus on offering high quality, locally sourced ingredients, showcasing the best of what the region has to offer. The Westwood has become one of the most popular restaurants in East Yorkshire, situated in the historic market town of Beverley, between York and Hull, the Westwood is located a short walk from the Westwood Pasture offering stunning views of the black mill, the race course and Beverley Minster. Set in the grounds of Beverley's former Grade II listed Georgian courthouse, The Westwood's contemporary interior blends beautifully with the period features and charm of this historic building.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Lovely food; not an extensive menu and all the better for that. Efficient, appropriate and friendly service. My original choice was much in demand and my husband bagged the last portion; I was pleased because my pudding was lovely. I have also met girlfriends there for dinner but it can be a little racous of an evening which isn't to my taste. I'd stick to lunches for special occasions.

There are newer reviews for The Westwood Restaurant

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Four of us visited this restaurant during March and despite comments about the portion sizes from other people who have posted reviews we found them to be very good, in fact no room for a pudding. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were greeted by a very smiley member of staff. The cost is quite expensive but not out of the way for a special occasion. We would recommend this restaurant based on out experiences.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Amazing food. Were working in Beverley and wanted a treat for my other half's birthday. Great environment with no one else in at 6.00pm. Absolutely fabulous. Will put it top of our list when in that area.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have eaten here several times over the past couple of years, both lunch and evening meals. Impressed to the point that our son has chosen the upstairs dining room for his wedding in a few weeks!
Service is efficient and friendly, the restaurant is very 'modern chic', the food is well presented, tasty and satisfying. The 'chefs table' overlooking the open kitchen is great fun too! They have a good wine list and a great cocktail bar upstairs.
Not a cheap restaurant, but great for special occasions etc

Jerry...

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have been to the Wesstwood a few occasions before and have always found it to be of a consistently high quality - and this occasion was no different.

We had drinks upstairs first while we were studying the menu. The menu is fairly short (which is actually great for me as I love everything) but still a good selection of starters and mains. I chose the scallops to start and the venison as the main.

We were shown to our table downstairs - the restaurant is simply but elegantly furnished and whilst the tables are quite close together we didn't feel we were disturbed by the tables nearby.

The scallops were well cooked with chorizo and a puree and was an excellent choice for a starter. I hadn't had venison for many years and was really pleased with the choice as it was cooked to prefection with some great mash and a rich sauce - highly recommended!

I chose 2 scoops of sorbet for dessert which were full of flavour and finished the meal off nicely.

So overall very good food and already looking forward to my next meal!