“Perfect dining experience”

The Westwood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Westwood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 164 Restaurants in Beverley
Price range: US$26 - US$79
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The restaurant is a 10 minute walk from Beverley Train station or a 5 minute walk from the bus station. Taxis are readily available from the train station.
Description: Since opening in 2007, twins Matthew and Michele Barker, the partnership and passion behind The Westwood Restaurant, focus on offering high quality, locally sourced ingredients, showcasing the best of what the region has to offer. The Westwood has become one of the most popular restaurants in East Yorkshire, situated in the historic market town of Beverley, between York and Hull, the Westwood is located a short walk from the Westwood Pasture offering stunning views of the black mill, the race course and Beverley Minster. Set in the grounds of Beverley's former Grade II listed Georgian courthouse, The Westwood's contemporary interior blends beautifully with the period features and charm of this historic building.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited early in the evening, our first time at the Westwood, and we were not prepared for just how good this restaurant is. From the impressive exterior as viewed from their car park, to the lovely decor, the friendly,efficient staff and finally the wonderful food, everything about our meal was just right.
We arrived a little early for our table and were offered the chance to have a pre-dinner drink in the very comfortable upstairs bar where we sat, chatted and made our selection from the menu. When our table was ready our drinks were taken down for us and we were shown into a spacious but very warm and intimate dining room.
The starters of mozzarella and orange salad and tuna tartar were delicious and the mains of mussels with cider and pancetta and Japanese-style salmon were perfectly cooked and tasted equally good. We chose to have coffee back upstairs in the bar where we finished our evening in very relaxed surroundings. Without exception, all of the staff were attentive and helpful, and I can't think when I ever had a better dining experience.

1  Thank frez128

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are ever in the Beverley Area please do dine here! My partner and I were just away for the weekend staying at Raywell Hall and we wanted to make the most of our stay by including some really good restaurants-this one definitely didn't disappoint! On arrival we were invited to have a drink in the bar upstairs whilst we perused-and discussed at length-the menu. Good selection of gins and cocktails-the French Martini was delicious! After much discussion we plumped for tuna tartare(yum yum) and the terrine(again, yum yum) for starters, the Porterhouse steak for sharing for main which was cooked to perfection(rare as you like) with 4 sauces(chimichurri was a serious hit!) and we added some sides(do not miss the baked bone marrow!). As we aren't "dessert" people we ended dinner with the cheese board, extra cocktails(would be rude not to) and tea/coffee. There were a couple of hiccups-a waiter brought our coats after the starter when they should have brought them for the table next to us-but we laughed about it and they very kindly gave us complimentary macaroons by way of an apology which was a nice touch and the wine that was on our table was incorrect but we'd also looked at that one are were happy to enjoy it with our dinner. All in all a really fabulous dinner out and well worth the taxi fare to/from Raywell.

1  Thank Lubee31
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a surprise lunch for our Wedding Anniversary. My husband had mentioned that he'd never been before so booked with Open Table . I went to great lengths to not let the surprise be spoilt so took the longer way around across the Westwood and when we arrived he looked pleased. It was only when we were seated and having a drink that he had to tell me that the restaurant had rung the day before to confirm the booking. Considering I'd booked in my maiden name I would have appreciated for them to have at least rung back and spoken to me. Food was fine . I did have a word with one of the staff as I paid the bill. He asked if we would like a free dessert but we'd already had one. He could only apologise. Open table had already sent me my confirmation the day before so didn't require a call to confirm as well. Will try again but not for a surprise.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Went for an early dinner with the family. the food was just superb, steaks and fish all on point with an excellent choice of wines to accompany.

The maitre d knew her menu and wine list inside out and the service was attentive yet not intrusive. The chef was more than happy to accommodate food allergies and children's foibles too.

All in all a wonderful meal and experience and good value for money.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I went to The Westwood for my boyfriends birthday and everything was exquisite, not one fault! The service was flawless.. everyone very professional yet friendly! Would 100% recommended to everyone. You will not be disappointed The steak was easily the best quality meat I have ever had, it melted in your mouth! Can’t wait to go back