Best Western Lairgate Hotel
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Hunter's Hall(Beverley)
US$106
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms(Walkington)(Great Value!)
US$74
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$130
Hotels.com
Butt Farm Caravan and Campsite(Beverley)(Great Value!)
US$21
Pitchup.com
US$94
US$81
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsafternoon teafour poster bedmurder mysteryexecutive roomwedding receptionhoneymoon suitecar parkjazz bandno liftquirky hotellarge roombit datedtown centrethe ground floorhotel is situatedstayed here for two nightspiping hot
Reviewed June 21, 2017

In Beverley for a wedding so Lairgate was ideal for our needs. Central and handy for shops, bars and restaurants with parking. It was the Races so the town was busy but we slept well in comfy beds. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Front rooms could be noisy. Staircases quite steep to top floor but help was at hand.
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We stayed here for 3nights in June. The location is good, a couple of minutes walk from the town centre. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable too. There was a bath with a good shower over it and plenty of hot water. Yes, it's a bit dated in style but we didn't mind that at all as it's all been well maintained. The staff are all lovely, very helpful and welcoming. We had very good vegetarian breakfast every day, freshly cooked to order. We couldn't find anything to complain about at all. It was all excellent and we would definitely come back to the Lairgate if ever we return to Beverley.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Having never been to this hotel ,I arrived to attend a meeting the member of staff I asked for directions was pleasant and helpful.The meeting room was large although a little hot ,but it was a very hot day outside.Lunch was a buffet and was excellent with a varied selection of savoury and sandwiches.Nothing was too much trouble,tea coffee and when asked for water the lady quickly fetched a jug and glasses.The toilets were spotless and I found it a charming and characterful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I just stayed here for two nights with work. On arrival I found I had made a mistake with my booking dates but they happily sorted this for me, without issue. There is free parking out the back but the space is limited so you have to get there early to have a chance.

The hotel itself has a bit of a dated theme if I'm honest. It consists of floral wall paper, old wooden furniture, single pain windows, even faded green towels. That said the hotel was clean and tidy where ever I went.

My room was located on the ground floor right next to the main road, which was a bit of an issue. The hotel has single pain windows with a gap in between that and another set of glass. This however did not block out any noise and it was a busy road with lots of cars and people walking up and down it.

The room however was clean if a little tight for space on the far side where you accessed the closet. There was a small flat screen TV with tea and coffee making facilities and free wifi. The bathroom was neat and tidy with a lovely powerful shower. Though the attention to detail let's them down as the shower gel bottle was empty before I arrived, it was never filled during my stay nor was the bin emptied.

I had breakfast both days I stayed at a cost of £10 which is average these days. There were your usual options of pastries, yoghurt, cereal, fruit juices and cooked breakfasts. I went for the traditional full English, it was well made and not to greasy.

The staff at this hotel are friendly and will always great you with a smile and it's this that makes the place what it is.

Overall this is a simple hotel with no frills and I do recommend it if you're staying in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed June 13, 2017

Beverley races were on when we stayed so our choice of hotels was somewhat limited.
If every room was booked there would be a massive problem with the car park as it only holds about 12 cars at most. I'm not even sure, if there was more, where they would park as the on street parking is taken up with permit holders.
The hotel is two knocked through together and the result is lots of corridors seemingly to lead nowhere but eventually your room is there before you.
The rooms are very large and somewhat dated and I must admit for a Best Western i was somewhat disappointed.
The room was clean but still left a little to be desired, but maybe I am being a little picky but for £99 without breakfast I don't think so.
When we returned the bar was still open and I don't think it closes as long as someone is drinking.
All in all it served a purpose and it helped to make the weekend what it was.
Would I come back? as a last resort, there must be a lot nicer places for the price but if my back was against the wall yes I would, reluctantly.

Room Tip: A bit old fashioned but the rooms are quite large
2  Thank Marmaduke1948