1,840 results
All reviews coach house a garden view room main restaurant heelis suite on arrival salt room lovely hotel the main house jacuzzi bath eden valley deluxe room two night stay dining rooms groupon deal leisure facilities evening meal both mornings
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Hotel just off the road we were travelling. Good relaxing stopover on our journey. Good quiet comfy room. Great spa , well worth trying it out before having a very good dinner. Good views from very comfortable bright public rooms.
Good breakfast to help us on our way.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a 2 night break, on arrival we had a lovely lady check us in, book us in for dinner that evening and show us to our room.
We got dressed and went for dinner having opted for an 8:45pm sitting. We were sat next to the window which looked over the beautiful gardens. However, although the service in the restaurant was good and the food was very nice ( although pricey) it was very very obvious they wanted us out as soon as possible. Leaving us no time in between courses, setting tables around us for breakfast and telling us if we wanted coffee it would be in the lounge. ( we asked for wine to come with our main courses, but the main course was out before we even ordered the wine).
This changed our special Anniversary meal into a rushed dinner that didn’t seem quite as good. ( I’m aware we opted to go in late, but if they said the last sitting was say 8pm, we would have done that instead without a problem).
The room itself was a garden view room, very nice view and it was a nice, clean and comfortable. Only thing I would say is, the shower could do with a better, wider head.
Breakfast was lovely on both mornings and again the service from the staff was great.
The Hotel decor is in keeping with a traditional feel and is continued throughout. We didn’t visit the spa, so I couldn’t comment on that.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Fantastic stay, great food, real coffee in room, comfy bed, rainwater shower. Superb breakfast. The views over the countryside were fantastic - spent a lot of time taking photos and using the binoculars. So restful.

Room tip: Room 3 had great views, very comfortable and in the house.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 14, 2018

My partner and I visited this hotel in August for a bank holiday stay and booked through Spa Breaks.
My first impressions when we walked in were "oh my gosh this is so old fashioned!" and old fashioned hotels are not my cup of tea.

The receptionist was warm friendly and welcoming, she showed us to our room in the coach house, which was minimal, but clean.

The spa, now this I LOVED!!! fantastic facilities, super modern and really enjoyable. I spent hours in there relaxing and the spa really made my weekend.

The food was OK, not great but the service was really good and great choice of drinks from the bar.

I think this is the kind of hotel that you would enjoy if you like the old fashioned chintzy feel, I much prefer modern hotels so it's a personal choice rather than a slight on the hotel itself, and the staff were all very professional and provided an excellent service.

overall not bad for me, but you could love it if you like the old style cottage feel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Well what can you say this place was amazing .staff so friendly and although busy have time to speak to guests and as they are local have good knowledge of the area.stayed in garden room 31 and it was lovely and spacious clean and comfortable .it was very warm and as there were no windows to open at night we requested a fan problem solved.if I had to criticise it would be that on our last night the guests in adjoining room were smokers and on a hot day we were unable to sit outside or open our patio doors as the smoke drifted in maybe an idea to make this patio area non smoking.food out if this world ate in the restaurant and the bistro yes a little pricey but you get what you pay for.spa. Small and friendly and. Very quiet during our stay.willreturn