“Excellent cuisine”

The White Cottage
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Aboyne
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Royal Deeside near Aboyne.The White Cottage offers something just a little different from the usual with relaxed bistro style service.Offering a first on Royal Deeside an A la carte menu of Fish and Seafood with additional Grills and house specials of the day.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Always a delightful experience. The menus are always varied and of high quality. Well worth a regular visit for me to enjoy the Seafood Pie followed by Bread and Butter Pudding.

1  Thank rogerelson

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The food was dramatically overpriced for what we received. My chicken was boring and tasteless. We witnessed who we think is the owner being rude to his staff in front of the customers. I had heard multiple rumours that staff were treated badly here and on reflection that is probably true.

4  Thank LATFC
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Staying close by on holiday we decided to try the takeaway menu. Tastiest macaroni cheese I've had in a long while. Chunky chips also ordered with haddock. Perfectly cooked. Ample sized portion of everything. Can't wait to be back in the area to try out more dishes.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My friends & I were there on a July evening - which felt more like one in October. The conservatory area was occupied by a big party so we were served in a smaller, more intimate room which should have been quite cosy - it wasn't - in fact it was so cool that we were all glad we'd brought sweaters/jackets. The chap behind the wee bar seemed intent in ignoring us so pre-dinner drinks took quite some time to be ordered/served.
When I've been here in the past I've always waxed lyrical about the food - I couldn't have done so this time. The coddled eggs were like hand grenades & I think someone forgot to add cheese to the cheese sauce. Main courses were passable but not spectacular. Desserts much better than the rest of the meal put together. All in all very disappointing, I'm afraid.

2  Thank EllaE2834
Reviewed 1 June 2017

It was the first time we had eaten at the White Cottage and it certainly won't be the last. The food was lovely, its was fresh and full of flavour. My husband enjoyed a beer served in an ice cold tanker which he found very refreshing on a very hot summer evening. We dined outdoors in the garden and our host John was friendly and accommodating. There was a section in the cottage where you can buy gifts and antiques which was quirky in a nice way. When next on holiday in that part of the country, we will definitely return.