Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Lots of fun on a rainy day !

Turned up at the Weymouth Escape Dungeon with my wife and son to play the games room which is... read more

Reviewed August 10, 2018
Jimchad27
Greater London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good fun and a bit different.

As fairly seasoned escapers used to a bigger enterprise, we weren’t sure what to expect of this... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2018
Margaret H
Maidstone, United Kingdom

All reviews prison break great fun prison cell puzzle room escaped with minutes to spare level of difficulty staff were really friendly a lot of fun all ages rainy day clues prisoners
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

My friend booked us into the prison break room for my birthday. What should've been a great afternoon was soon soured by this venue.

Upon arrival, we weren't asked to sign any kind of disclaimer, which I found slightly odd but just figured that they did this every day, so who was I to argue? We were led down some stairs to an empty dining room and told to leave our things on an empty table. Again, I found this strange as normally you'd be given a locker with a key.

We were shown into the room and told that if we had any problems to just press the button on the intercom and somebody would answer straight away. We were also shown where the camera was so we knew where to look if we needed them.

The room was so damp and didn't smell particularly great, but after driving for an hour to get there, we figured we'd just get on with it.

My friend hit her head on a hatch, that helpfully had the words "please close me" (or something similar) written on the underside. This of course would be fine, if there wasn't a clue inside.

We then tried to open a lock which felt jammed. My friend pressed the intercom and nothing happened. She pressed it a few more times and still nobody answered. This was followed by a good 15-20 minutes of buzzer pressing and dancing about in front of a camera before anybody showed up at all. If there had been a real emergency, somebody genuinely could've died in that time.

When the receptionist finally showed up, we were told that she'd be back in a second and she left, leaving the door to the room open. She did not come back! Instead, we left the room, got changed out of prison outifts, picked up our belongings and got all the way back to reception before we saw anyone.

The lady came in with the card reader, so obviously was already expecting us to ask for a refund. I'm guessing this isn't the first time it's happened.

I asked to speak to the manager, who I was told was in a meeting and might not come. When he finally did arrive, we were told we could come back to play their rooms again for free and have a meal on them. When we got the email confirmation, this had suddenly been downgraded to a main course.

If I could give this zero stars, I would. I worry that one day, someone will get hurt and nobody will come in time. Avoid avoid avoid! I'm so glad this wasn't my first escape room as it would put me off ever doing one again.

Date of experience: March 2018
3  Thank Nicki B
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We play many escape rooms all over the country, we came to weymouth as a birthday treat for my best friend and it was a terrible mistake! We were not asked to sign any disclaimers when arriving, our personal belongings were suggested to be left in an empty dinning area unsecured! We were then asked to wear stupid costumes, being given no story or context, we were shown the room and advised that someone would be watching via a camera at all times and there was an intercom system if we needed help. So we start the game, but the room was so damp the first padlock jammed, so i went to call for help and realised the intercom wasnt working!? So i waved continuously into the camera, with no response for nearly 20 mins, we were quite worried, the door was locked and the game ruined, but we were also at risk, what if we needed medical assistance or there was a fire at the hotel? I ended up shouting out through a small hatch on the door, the girl then came running down, before i could properly explain, she opened the door and said wait here i will be right back? It was as if she knew we were going to ask for our money back before even listening to our concerns? Well she didnt come back, we got our stuff and went upto reception and waited, another 5 mins passes and she comes in saying she was trying to give me a refund!? She then said that she couldnt see me on the monitor waving , she only saw my friend, now this room is 4 mtrs in length and 3 mtrs wide and i was wearing a bright orange jumpsuit! We know there was no one monitoring us while we were in the room! This is a health and safety violation and i cannot stress enough how much this goes against any other escape room rules we play! The manager just offered for us to come back again for a free game? And he would throw in a free dinner, which then turned into a "main course only" when confirmed by email! Avoid this place, the reviews we read after expressed lots of others who have complained about the very same issues for nearly a year now, they clearly have no care or consideration to thier customers as they haven't fixed the issue. All the staff carry walkie talkies around with them, so give the customers those instead of relying on a system that clearly doesnt work! The unfortunate thing is i believe it will take someone to get hurt before this is shut down!

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank nanabiggs
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We spent a great hour trying to escape on a cold February Sunday am. I booked over the phone, which was easy. It was well organised and both teams managed to escape from the two rooms, just in time. We were staying near Sherborne and I was looking for something fun to do with all the family and then we had a lovely afternoon in Weymouth. Would recommend.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We attended the Escape Dungeons last night for some Saturday early night entertainment however despite looking forward to the experience we were left feeling disappointed.

We arrived and were met by a friendly chap in reception who lead us to the bar due to our early arrival.

We had a drink in the bar and started talking about previous experiences of escape rooms that three of us had been to, as one had never been in one before building the excitement of experience.

We were lead downstairs by a friendly young woman who asked us if we wanted to get dressed up in a fluorescent reflective jacket and hard hat. This seemed unnecessary and cheap.

We were then led to the escape room. We opted for diffuse the bomb.

We were brought to the room and the lady explained the rules and a bit of a back story.

She explained that there was an intercom that goes straight to reception where we would be monitored and that she would be outside the door and to push open the door hatch and give her a yell if we needed her. She then locked us in. Slight problem with this is that we were actually locked in... in experience there is usually a “panic button” that releases the door if there is an issue however there was not here.

We set upon the tasks and followed the clues.

There were a few issues with this and without giving the game away the final clue to unlock the door wasn’t something you could discover following a line of clues... it wasn’t connected to anything and a stand-alone task to solve.

The room as a whole was damp and looked like a small coal bunker and with four of us in it there was barely room to move.

The items inside the room were broken, cheap and dirty.

All in all I have rated this poor, it would have been terrible however the staff we met were friendly enough to increase the grade.

This was the worst escape room that I have ever been to and lacks technology and imagination. The owners need to put money into these rooms for it to even be considered an acceptable escape room as for £80 an hour I am struggling to see where the money has been spent.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Guido25322
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Our son booked us in for this as an hour of fun to spend with him and his wife. We'd never heard of such experiences, so had no idea what to expect. It wasn't until a day before, that he broke the news to us that he'd inadvertently booked up for the harder of the escapes. We put on the supplied attire, and the assistant explained what we were required to do. The door was locked, and the time started to tick down. Where to start searching for clues? Thank goodness we had 2 young brains with good eyesight and phone lights with us. We eventually escaped with 6 minutes to spare. This was really good fun.

Date of experience: December 2017