“A great break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterside Holiday Park & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Waterside Holiday Park & Spa
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A great break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is an excellent caravan park - superb facilities and accomodating staff. The caravan exceeded our expectations. The park is well laid out in a good location with lots to do and see in the area.. We had a great time and will be coming back

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I visited Waterside Holiday Park with my boyfriend’s family and had a great time.

It is perfect for all size families and has something for everyone. Great by day and night… and amazing if you have young kids as there is plenty to keep them entertained so us adults could chill out when we wanted to.

I used the spa and had a manicure while my boyfriend’s sister had a pedicure. The staff and service was of top quality for a holiday park spa – better than I expected anyway.

The accommodation was clean, comfy and inviting. The staff were all very helpful and polite.

We all enjoyed the indoor pool and extra bonus is the water slide.

I’d recommend this holiday park in Weymouth to anyone. In great location too… perfect for visits to the beach and local attractions near by.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Jenny P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have been to all of their parks and have the same opinion

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Leggy123
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have been visiting waterside for several years but i was disgusted at my recent holiday. The caravan we stayed in was in a terrible state on our arrival - the bin in the kitchen had not been emptied and as a result the entire caravan smelt awful! there were stains all over the carpet and dirty dishes left in the sink. Used bedding was also still on the beds - it had obviously not been cleaned since the last family left! When we complained, it was eventually cleaned, after some doubt over whether we had managed to cause the dirt ourselves!! The reception staff were, as a rule, generally rude, unwelcoming and talked between themselves rather than seeing to their customers.

The facilities on site are good - the swimming pool and spa being used frequently by myself and family over the years. However, I was disappointed when we asked to book a double indian head massage for myself and my partner and were told we couldn't because only one member of staff was trained to do this. Surely if they offer this service, all staff should be trained?

The venue used to be lovely, with friendly staff, but now they seem to not really care about their customers which is a shame. The new layout is terrible, with views of the stage being blocked by a huge dj box in the centre. Entertainment is fantastic as ever though, except for the childrens entertainment in boomers which is accessed through the pub! We didn't dare to use the restaurant as we had heard awful comments from many other guests and so stuck to our usual favourite pub - the smugglers at osmington.

Additionally, my daughter and her boyfriend went into weymouth town on the friday evening of our stay, returning home at about 1am (not particularly late for a 21 year old!) and was told in no uncertain times by the rude security personell to 'shut up'. How rude and unprofessional!

Overall, i'd avoid it! waterside has gone severely downhill over the years, particularly with cleanliness and professionalism amongst the staff. Myself and many other frequent visitors have decided not to visit again. Very disappointing!!

Room Tip: avoid it all together if you can! but if you insist on going, try to get on blue or yellow park whic...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Sara W
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Enough has been said about the many good things at Waterside - especially the friendly staff and the absence of any rowdyism - so I just want to express a few niggles.

We have taken our holidays there for a few years. But recently the whole place has taken on a sort of tired, jaded feeling, as though the owners are getting a bit tired of the place.

We know the company has been spending an enormous amount of money upgrading their other two sites (Chesil Beach and Osmington), and we have been told that some of the Waterside staff now have to work there as well as Waterside. Well, the downside of these two things seems to be that Waterside is being somewhat neglected.

Next, the laundrette. It's simply not adequate for a very large park, certainly not one with 5*. There are not enough washing machines. And while you are waiting, the only 'seat' is a pathetic little wooden bench, hardly wide enough for two people.

The WiFi "service" is a disgrace. At most places, WiFi is free and unlimited. At Waterside, they charge you £5 a day (!!) or £20 a week - and then have the cheek to block you from accessing any video content, including YouTube! All you can do is email and basic surf the net. This just ain't good enough, Waterside! Get into the 21st century. (Go over the road to the beach cafe or down the road to The Spyglass and it's all free!!)

When I mentioned about the laundrette and WiFi to reception, I got the usual "Nobody else has complained". Well, folks, if you agree please complain - perhaps something might be done.

The outside pool is just a rectangle, surrounded by high, uninteresting walls and generally unimaginative.

There are not enough seats in the Waves Bar and alongside the children's soft play area. The adults' seating area here (a couple of tables with high stools) is pretty seedy and grubby.

Who designed The Venue (evening entertainment venue)? There are just not enough seats to see the stage. A whacking great control box takes up most of the room, while most seats are round the sides, where you cannot see the stage.

It is a pity that an otherwise enjoyable park is spoiled by these things. I am told it is no good approaching the manager, as he has been here for ever and (unlike his staff) is unfriendly and doesn't want to hear anything detrimental about Waterside.

Finally, it is true that the mobile homes are really squashed in together like regimented rows of barracks, so everyone looks out onto next door (unless you get one of the vans on the perimeter of the park). Not good when compared with continental parks, where you usually get your own generous pitch surrounded by a little hedge.

A very nice park that could do a lot better in some respects.

Room Tip: Some of the vans in Green sector overlook a field on one side, not another caravan! Get a brochure...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Sansmate80
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have been here a few times in my childhood and loved the park so i decided to treat my two children and partner to a holiday on this wonderful park as it held some good memories for me. There was lots to do when i was a kid, the beach is a two minute walk, and weymouth centre is not far at all. So i gave them a call to enquire how much it would be for 7 nights.

Much to my dissapointment when they asked how many people there was going to be, i told them my girlfriend and two children and then I was told that it was strictly a family holiday park only. What the hell???? We are a family??? I wish id have bothered to challenge them on this, before putting down the phone. I didn't think. I found this very rude. So because there was no man in the family, apparently that doesnt make us a family so we are not allowed to have a holiday on that park????

Think i will stick to Haven, if i remember correctly there is a Haven park not much further up the road from Waterside. I might even go and put in a complaint about this.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
20 Thank LesaandJoanne
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Waterside for one week 6th to 13th August. We opted for a six berth static as we do like plenty of room to move about. We were allocated a Caprice in the Green area. It was lovely! Spacious living area, very user-friendly kitchen/diner, en-suite toilet and sink to the main bedroom with separate shower room (with toilet and sink) and second bedroom with twin beds (which is where we kept our cases and extra bags). It was scrupulously clean. One of the lights had blown over the bed, and there was a leak from the shower room which had made the carpet in the hallway wet. We reported this the next morning as we had arrived late. By the time we returned to the van later in the day (they asked permission to access in our absence), both had been dealt with. The bed was extremely comfortable (and the mattress was clean). The staff in all areas were very personable. In short, we had the most wonderful time, very relaxing. One day we hope to be in a position to have our own van on this site. Beautiful location.

Room Tip: Owners only were allowed to bring pets onto the site.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NissyEssex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weymouth
3.8 km away
3.2 km away
The Smuggler's Inn
The Smuggler's Inn
#1 of 1 in Osmington Mills

Been to Waterside Holiday Park & Spa? Share your experiences!