“Great fish and chips with fantastic service”
Review of Harlequin Cafe

Harlequin Cafe
Ranked #205 of 300 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Fast food
Description: FIsh and Chip Shop with seating
Description: FIsh and Chip Shop with seating
Reviewed November 6, 2015

This family run business is what seaside fish and chips is all about. The fish is fresh with the best crispy batter in Weymouth. The service was very friendly and the food came fresh to the table piping hot. A great cuppa tea to wash down fish and chips can't be beat! In the summer its a great place to sit and eat outside.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

Nothing fancy here, plastic table cloths, bench seating BUT superb fish and chips.
Fish is fresh and cooked to order in a delightful light crispy batter. Would certainly visit again if in Weymouth.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

I've eaten in most of the fish and chip establishments in Weymouth, including this place when it used to be the Harlequin Cafe. Most of them serve up greasy, soggy battered fish and I stopped eating it as I was continually disappointed. I heard that the Harlequin had gone under a transformation (new owners, new look and new name) and was serving up great fish so I decided to pay it a visit. The fish was cooked fresh and was well worth the wait. The batter was the crispiest I've ever had it. The fish was lovely and meaty. I had curry sauce with my chips and even that was quite the treat. I loved it so much, I went back the following for the haddock which was HUGE. Again, beautifully cooked, fresh and with light, crispy batter. It's the only place I will go to now for my fish and chip fix. Don't let the old ratings fool you. It doesn't resemble the Harlequin in anyway these days.

Reviewed August 3, 2015 via mobile

This cafe is now closed and trading as 'The Fish Place'.
We sat outside and had the takeaway as the cafe area was closed. It was OK bar the nastiest flimsy plastic fork ever. Food was OK.

Reviewed May 10, 2015

I had fish and chips at this restaurant with some friends in early-May 2015. The fish was delicious, substantial with white flaky fish and the chips were cooked very well. Good value too, only £6 for a large fish and chips!

The staff were friendly and polite too. We sat outside.