“A surprise find”
Review of Jacks Cafe

Jacks Cafe
Ranked #184 of 295 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We were only in Weymouth for a day and found this gem of a place by wandering down a side street. Everywhere was very clean, staff helpful, food served artistically as you can see from the pic. Having read other reviews, I see that it's recently changed hands and it sounds as if it's for the better. We had no complaints whatsoever. It really was a lovely surprise find.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Sometimes its the staff that can really make somewhere special. The staff working here are just great. They really made our experience short but special. Well done.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We had a small lunch here and found the food freshly cooked, the tea hot and the service really friendly and informative.

This small cafe is just off the beaten track a street or so from the beach.

One of our new favourites!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

JACKS Cafe is under new management and all the signs for future success are very promising.
I hadn't been in for a long while because the cafe is tucked away up the street from the library and not on a walking route I normally take but, as luck would have it, I had just been to the library and decided to drop in on Jacks for a large bacon roll and a cup of filter coffee.
What struck me immediately was that the new owners had certainly spruced the place up, but what got me was the welcome I received.
There were smiles all round from my hosts who encouraged me to sample some of their home-made biscuits on the counter free of charge. They were delicious and a very good first impression to make.
By now I was chatting away with staff, asking them how they were getting on, and before I knew it I was sat down at a table relaxing with my coffee in front of me.
Jacks does that to you. It is a no nonsense simple place where what you see is what you get....and I got a huge bacon roll so big it had to be cut in half to fit on my plate.
Add to that it was stuffed full of bacon and I had no complaints.
When the bill came I was staggered to find that everything only came to £2.75!! Now that is really looking after your customers.
Add to that the simple toilets were well kept and clean as a whistle and it was another plus point for Jacks Cafe.
I also loved the way staff took an interest in you, the way there was always a smile and a query as to whether your food and coffee were OK. They were all little indications that this is a place well worth paying repeat visits to and I have every intention of doing just that.
I'd recommend a visit here to anyone particularly those visitors looking for simple surroundings to enjoy a snack meal in which won't break the bank.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Cheap, cheerful, decent simple food. No complaints, I'll definitely go again.