“Exceptional food, well presented, came back for a second night”

The George Bar & Grill
Ranked #40 of 311 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The whole idea of the George Bar and Grill is to create a relaxed environment without dropping standards when it comes to the quality of our food or bar. We are really proud of the excellent rapport our staff build with our customers and the service they so effortlessly provide. A smile goes a long way at the George Bar and Grill :) Our kitchen staff have a few simple rules that they love to live by, the food should be hearty, full of flavour and rustically served to match the homely feel of the George Bar and Grill. It MUST, wherever possible contain locally sourced, high quality ingredients. Although we are a food venue, our bar is open for coffees, snacks and drinks. You can also enjoy a nice cold pint or a fruity cocktail whilst taking in the calming views of the harbour.
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Great reasonably priced menu, visited last Friday and had the Mixed Grill, great food, my wife had the Chowder which we both loved, then had a Ribeye, all washed down with a couple of pits of Estrella.
We sat upstairs looking over the Balcony and I watched the meals coming out, and what I saw made us go back on Saturday.
On Saturday we had booked a window seat upstairs and they obliged, I just had to have the cold fish tray starter, lots of colf herring/mussels/cockles/prawns etc, lump of bread and butter, stunning. Then the main attraction, Lobster Thermador, simpley fabulous, with salad and new Potatoes, my mouth is watering as I type!! Wife had steak again, Chowder had sold out but she had a lovely soup, we will certainly be going back.
I would certainly recomend that you book at weekends, but a must to visit.
Just a mention of the lovely Guys serving, very happy and cheerful, nothing too much trouble.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Meal at 4.30pm was lovely, Chicken Jerk well cooked, lovely rice with it, very tastey. My bf had burger which was succulent and presented well. Food timely, staff great, atmosphere lovely. We enjoyed seeing people arriving in Fancy Dress and the place was buzzing. It was our tenth visit there over a few years, Weymouth is now our favourite place for a holiday, and The George our local. Customer service always excellent. Drinks served quickly and good value all round. A must to visit, overlooking the harbour and bright cheerful surroundings inside. Thank You, see you all again soon ! Anna and Gra, Leicestershire

Reviewed January 5, 2018

We had booked a table month's in advance as we knew there was a live band on followed by a disco and were looking forward to welcoming in the New Year. The restaurant tables were upstairs on the mezzanine level overlooking the band and dance floor below which was great. The New Year's Eve menu was very limited, we had a table booked for 8pm and when our food was delivered it was minus the coleslaw as they had already run out! and the beer on the menu was also not available.

At 1130pm we were asked to leave our table as they were closing the upstairs, even though there were loads of people up there. I asked the waitress what the reason behind this was and she said that they had to let the staff go home as they were due back in the next day. I said where were we supposed to go? and she said downstairs. I did point out to her that the downstairs bar was already packed so with the additional people from the upstairs being forced down that legally they would be over capacity for the fire regulations, plus we had coats and bags etc. with us as we had expected to have the table all night. When I pointed out that there wasn't any room downstairs, she just shrugged. So instead of welcoming in the New Year with the DJ, we left.

At no point in advance had we been advised that we would not be able to keep our table until midnight, which is surely the point of New Years Eve?
Would definitely not go back for a celebration again!

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Came here again, love this place cant fualt it, great food, great staff. Had a wonderful roasted chicken with jerk sauce and triple cooked chips, my friends had the fish pie all very well cooked and tasted incredible. Would defenitely recomend

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

I came here on new years and had one of the best nights. Live music and a Dj on afterwards. With a very busy restaurant upstairs and a very busy bar. The stafd were all in such high spirits and made our new years one to remember. Thank you to all the staff for a very fun filled evening and making our new years one to remember. We will definitely be back!!